Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New FP Group.. LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN
How you can get more control of your health and life.
Click Here
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Slippery Steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slippery Steps
    Posted: Oct/25/2015 at 2:58pm
Winter is almost here and with it comes slippery steps, at least for some of the members. The door I use most of the time, has a wooden deck off it and lots of wooden steps.

Every year I do the windmill dance a couple times, slipping on those steps. I found a product that I hope will stop that from happening and installed a bunch of these today,

http://www.cgsgripstrip.com/product_info.html

If you have wooden stairs that get slippery, these might help keep you a little safer.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2015 at 3:47pm
These look great, Bailey.  I will see if the company would like to advertise their product with us-----falling on ice is the biggest fears I have when we spend a lot of time during winter driving and walking and living in some pretty tough conditions for months on end.  Thank you for this!!!

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2015 at 5:27pm
You are going to have to keep your stairs or deck clear of snow for them to work. A girlfriend of mine has these and she just complains about the spaces in them that they get filled and don't work very well but like I say you have to keep them free of snow. I hope they work for you as we really need a product that works like this if they do what they say you do. Thanks for the link Bailey. Let us know how you make out.
Roni

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2015 at 5:32pm
I am so glad we don't get snow here - or much frost either

I have a problem lots of people with multi-focal or bi-focal lenses have and that is walking downstairs or stepping onto a going-down escalator. There is a blind spot caused by our lenses - I can't see my feet when going downstairs unless I lean forward holding onto a hand-rail and being extremely careful

I'm not alone

So slippery steps would be worse - at least I don't have to worry about steps at home either - but in the airport - I had crowds and steps and going-down escalators

Slight change of subject I guess - but you have warned me that if I do find myself with slippery steps that it will be time to find something like that.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2015 at 3:51am
I know they won't be any good if they're covered in snow. I have the most trouble when the steps are icy versus snowy.

I won't have any accumulation of snow for at least a month, probably two. But almost every morning from now till spring, I do have frost. That's when I find steps the worst, a frosty layer on top of wooden steps.

It seems as soon as I lift one foot up to go up or down a step, the other foot wants to slide right off the step it's on. I feel certain these will prevent that problem.

I do realize they won't work snow covered :)

Stevie, I wondered if they might be an advertising possibility. Maybe if you send them a letter, include a link to this thread.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2015 at 7:45am
Great idea Bailey!!!

Will send a link. And you are right----walking on snow isn't the issue. It's the frost/ice that gets us. I know after a bad slip a couple of years ago on ice that lead to a broken wrist.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2015 at 10:29am
Thanks for posting these. I don't have stairs I use outside, but when I do, I will remember these!
 Post Reply Post Reply