Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New FP Group.. LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN
How you can get more control of your health and life.
Click Here
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Need a lightweight wheelchair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a lightweight wheelchair
    Posted: May/09/2016 at 10:14pm
I need a really lightweight wheelchair that ideally reclines but isn't mandatory.  Any suggestions (name and model are suffient).

Anyone using such that you can recommend? 

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Ankylosing spondylitis & osteoporosis -> compression fractures -> facet & ligamentum flavum hypertrophy-> stenosis -> spinal cord & nerve root compression -> cervical myelopathy & radiculopathy -> bruise & deformation of my spinal cord -> incomplete spinal cord injury -> postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region. Cervical laminectomy & fusion decompressed my cord but I now have severe chronic pain. Pain meds = Oxycontin, Percocet, Lyrica, Soma, Cymbalta, Voltaren Gel, & Ketamine pain cream. 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.
Tas View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2016 at 12:52am
Jeff, I'm sure Palpete will be along soon as he is the guru of wheel chairs.

I have a super light weight portable mobilty scooter, but no wheel chair.

Good luck with your hunt.

Ken

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 12:21am
Good question Jeff as I am interested in the info
you receive.

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 1:48am
Ken,

Very interested in your Scooter.  Please do share!

Jeff
Ankylosing spondylitis & osteoporosis -> compression fractures -> facet & ligamentum flavum hypertrophy-> stenosis -> spinal cord & nerve root compression -> cervical myelopathy & radiculopathy -> bruise & deformation of my spinal cord -> incomplete spinal cord injury -> postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region. Cervical laminectomy & fusion decompressed my cord but I now have severe chronic pain. Pain meds = Oxycontin, Percocet, Lyrica, Soma, Cymbalta, Voltaren Gel, & Ketamine pain cream. 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 2:54am
Hi Jeff,

I have changed computers since I took some photos and posted them on here but if you go to the Threads:- Vacation Photos you will be able to look up my posting titled Vacation, posted in May 2013.  On page 3 there is a video of someone using a Luggie scooter and on page 5 there are some photos of mine when we used it in Singapore.

Some more detailed info.

The hard shell case is an extra and you really only need it of you are going to transport the Luggie on an aircraft.
It has a Lithium battery which is about the size of a small carton of cigarettes, this will last for about 18km's. I have never run out of battery power.
Although not a full size scooter I have been able to go anywhere I desire, including using it to travel quite a distance around Singapore shopping district, including taking it up and down escalators.
I think from memory one of the photos on the vacation posting was taken of me travelling along the skywalk at the Gardens by the Bay. This involved getting in a lift and going up five stories, getting out and zooming along the skywalk then down again.
The scooter weighs in at 23kg.  When travelling locally we either just fold down the seat and handle then place it in the trunk of our car, or if we have a lot of luggage we fold it in half and place it on the back seat with a seat belt around it.
As an engineer I checked out a lot of scooters available on the market and this one was head and shoulders above any other product.  Very well made and designed.
If you Google Luggie mobility scooter I am sure you will be able to find all the information you may require. Not to say if you have any more questions I would be glad to help.
I do know they are available in the states.

Good luck.

Ken

PS  Don't hesitate to PM me if you feel the need. 

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 3:01am
https://www.travelscoot.com/

This is one Quaver got and raved about.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
 Post Reply Post Reply