ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Effective September 1, the ChronicPainSite.com will be closing it's doors.
We've had a good 10 year run and have helped many people.
We will keep the info up for reference and to help people who stop by, but no posting will be possible.

CBD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBD
    Posted: Apr/22/2018 at 10:06pm
We know that many people have success with CBD for pain relief and believe that it is legal in all States in the US. However I just read this and need to share it:

I just saw this:

The Only 4 States That Completely Ban THC and CBD
Despite the federal government's Schedule I classification for cannabis, the illicit drug is flourishing in the United States and North America. Cannabis research firm ArcView found that aggregate North American sales skyrocketed higher by 33% to $9.7 billion in 2017, and they're on track to hit nearly $25 billion by 2021, per estimates. That's a compound annual growth rate of 28% per year.

Part of this growth will come from our neighbor to the north, which is on the verge of becoming the first developed country in the world to legalize recreational marijuana. With sales expected to begin in either August or September, Canada's legal cannabis industry could recognize $5 billion or more in added annual sales, on top of what it's already generating from medical marijuana sales and via exports to countries that have legalized medical pot.

The remainder of this growth may very well come from the U.S. and ongoing state-level expansion. To date, 29 states have broad-based medical marijuana laws on their books, with nine states OK'ing the use of recreational marijuana. Vermont became the latest of the nine to do so, albeit it was the first to legalize adult-use weed entirely through the legislative process.

More states allow CBD or low-THC products than you probably realize
What most folks don't realize is that there's a gray area between broad-based medical marijuana legalization and the drug being completely illegal. Of the 21 states that don't have comprehensive medicinal cannabis laws, 17 of these states do have very specific laws on their books allowing cannabidiol (CBD), the non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant often revered for its medical properties, and low-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) products -- THC is the psychoactive component that gets you "high" -- to be used for select ailments.

Mind you, some of the states that have signed CBD and low-THC bills into law are among those that are Republican strongholds. The GOP traditionally has a more negative view on cannabis, and is therefore less likely to advocate for its medical and/or recreational approval or expansion. This includes Mississippi, which legalized cannabis extracts, oils, and resins that contain no more than 15% CB and less than 0.5% THC in April 2014 for debilitating epileptic conditions. It also includes Alabama, the home state of staunch cannabis opponent, and current Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. Also signed into law in April 2014, "Carly's Law" decriminalizes the possession of CBD oil for debilitating epileptic conditions.

In other words, at least a handful of medical patients in 46 out of 50 U.S. states have some level of access to CBD, low-THC, or THC, within their state.

Four states that put their feet down on any and all CBD and THC products
On the other hand, that means four states offer no concessions whatsoever with regard to CBD, low-THC, or THC products.

Idaho
Despite having not legalized any form of CBD or THC, Idaho does have an opportunity to put a medical marijuana initiative on the ballot this coming November. Having received a certificate of review from the state's attorney general in September 2016, supporters have until May 1, 2018 to collect 48,793 valid signatures in order to qualify the Idaho Medical Marijuana Initiative for ballot inclusion. Polling data from MSN earlier this year found that 91% of Idahoans support the idea of medical cannabis being prescribed by a doctor, compared to just 6% opposed to the idea, so this initiative may indeed have legs.

South Dakota
Unlike Idaho, which has a genuine shot of putting a medical cannabis initiative on the ballot this coming November, residents in South Dakota will not have that choice. Despite putting forward the South Dakota Medical Marijuana Initiative, and submitting roughly 15,000 signatures, the secretary of state in South Dakota announced on April 16, 2018 that there were not enough valid signatures collected to put the measure on the ballot. For now, CBD and THC products will remain entirely illegal.

Nebraska
Nebraska actually has two cannabis measures that may find their way to ballot in November. The Nebraska Marijuana Decriminalization Initiative would decriminalize the possession of one ounce or less of cannabis, and it'll require the signatures of 7% of the state's voters prior to early July in order to get on the ballot. Meanwhile, the Nebraska Right to Cannabis Initiative could legalize medical cannabis with the written recommendation of a physician. It'll require the signatures of 10% of the registered voters within the state by early July in order to make it onto the November ballot.

Kansas
Lastly, we have Kansas, which at no time in recent memory has attempted to pass a medical cannabis initiative. Making matters worse, Kansas is one of two dozen U.S. states that doesn't offer the initiative and referendum process. In other words, even if its residents are overwhelmingly in favor of physicians being able to prescribe medical marijuana -- which is indeed the case, according to the aforementioned MSN poll -- it's up to the state's legislature, not residents, to introduce and pass legislation. In short, CBD and THC look to remain illegal for some time in Kansas.

This major breakthrough could shake things up for the medical cannabis industry
Interestingly enough, it's not state legislatures that could be a turning point for the cannabis industry in the United States. Instead, it's an overseas drug developer called GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: GWPH).

The U.K.-based GW Pharmaceuticals currently has its lead drug, Epidiolex, under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Epidiolex, which is a CBD-based compound designed to treat two rare types of childhood-onset epilepsy -- Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome -- easily met its primary endpoint in two separate phase 3 trials for each indication (four total late-stage trials). In fact, in one of the Dravet syndrome studies, Epidiolex tripled the reduction in seizure frequency from baseline relative to the placebo (39% vs. 13%).

As the icing on the cake, this past week the FDA's review panel unanimously voted in favor of recommending the drug for approval. The FDA isn't required to follow the recommendation of its panel, but it often does. If approved, GW Pharmaceuticals will be the first drugmaker to get the green light from the FDA for a cannabinoid-based drug. This approval may have the potential to open the eyes of lawmakers who've held medical cannabis, or cannabinoids, back. It may even result in a rescheduling of CBD at the federal level.

All told, 2018 looks to be another exciting and change-filled year for the U.S. cannabis industry.

Sean Williams has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
10 stocks we like better than GW Pharmaceuticals?When investing geniuses David and Tom Gardner have a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has quadrupled the market.*
David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and GW Pharmaceuticals wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.
Click here to learn about these picks!
*Stock Advisor returns as of April 2, 2018

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2018 at 10:17pm
A member of the site is going to publish this tomorrow on the Whitehouse govt site. Please sign it and reference the site if you are so inclined. We are trying to bring awareness to our lawmakers of the immediate importance of recognizing that there ARE options available NOW. CBD should be made available to anyone who needs it. While CBD isn’t included in the following petition, it should be and I would encourage the member to include it!

Don’t Punish Pain Victims! Change the CDC 90 MME guideline, call off the DEA pressure, & help us find alternative meds!

Description of Problem:

Chronic pain victims who have exhausted all options rely on opiates for management of otherwise incapacitating pain, victims of genetic disease or severe accidents. The majority of opiate deaths are the result of illegal opiates like heroin or illegal use. Even counting suicides, 99.98% of those who use opiates do not die. 2x as many die from 2nd hand smoke, & 28x die from tobacco use. CDC’s 90 MME is being implemented as law by the DEA and states are following suit resulting in dosages being cut for every patient. CDC states “for high dosage opioids ? 90 MME, between 2006 and 2016, the annual prescribing rate per 100 persons decreased from 11.5 to 6.1 for high-dosage opioid prescriptions, an overall 46.8% reduction.” Deaths aren’t falling because we aren’t the problem! Please help us!

LINKS WON’T FIT – the above takes all 800 characters.

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/pubs/2017-cdc-drug-surveillance-report.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov/…/data…/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm
https://www.hhs.gov/opioids/about-the-epidemic/
https://www.cbsnews.com/…/more-than-one-third-americans-pr…/
https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2017/3/13/survey-finds-cdc-opioid-guidelines-harming-patients

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Jeff View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2018 at 7:10am
I was looking for CBD oil on Amazon and apparently it is available in 30 states.  I can find HEMP oil but it does not appear to be the same thing.  Then I came across this and wondered what you think?

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective#1
Ankylosing spondylitis resulting in fusion of entire cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and SI joints, osteoporosis, 5 compression fractures, severe stenosis of spinal cord & nerve root compression, cervical myelopathy, radiculopathy, bruise & permanent deformation of spinal cord, incomplete spinal cord injury, postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region, chronic nerve and orthopedic severe pain, and bilateral carpal tunnel. Asthma, GERD, high blood pressure, high tryglycrides, diverticulosis, recurrent pneumonia, anemia, hypertension, chronic dry eye and mouth. Need hip & knee replacement and fusion of both feet. Already had 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2018 at 8:38am
Jeff,
I have been using CBD hemp oil for over a year now. I use Charlotte’s Web oil out of Colorado. It’s a family owned farm that makes a consistent product. It is not extracted from hemp seeds, it is extracted from the whole plant. They have a great web site which explains their whole process. Take a look. It is expensive. Also, their product is legal in all 50 states, not just states that have medical marijuana.
Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2018 at 8:41pm
I'll look it up Dick.   How much pain relief does it give you?  For example, takes you overall pain from a 7 down to a 4, or 6 to a 5, or whatever it actually does, so I know what to expect.  
Ankylosing spondylitis resulting in fusion of entire cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and SI joints, osteoporosis, 5 compression fractures, severe stenosis of spinal cord & nerve root compression, cervical myelopathy, radiculopathy, bruise & permanent deformation of spinal cord, incomplete spinal cord injury, postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region, chronic nerve and orthopedic severe pain, and bilateral carpal tunnel. Asthma, GERD, high blood pressure, high tryglycrides, diverticulosis, recurrent pneumonia, anemia, hypertension, chronic dry eye and mouth. Need hip & knee replacement and fusion of both feet. Already had 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2018 at 10:24am
Here’s how it worked for me. I was taking five 10 mgs pills of Oxycodone a day. The more or longer I take the CBD oil, the less I need the pills. It happened without thinking about it. In the year I have been using the oil, I now take two Oxycodone pills a day. It has helped to be less stiff and more active. When I cut the lawn, I’m not stopping every five minutes and when I’m done I’m not sore.
I was a steady 6 with pain taking all those opioids. Now I’m a steady 3 and some days a 2.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2018 at 11:23pm
Hopefully I'm not butting in on anyone's conversation here, but I've been thinking about trying some cbd oil also. I've been talking methadone and oxycodone for years, and I'm literally getting sick of it!
This may be old news to some of you all, but a friend shared this info about medical cannabis and I found it very informative. I'd post the link, but I have no idea how, but it's on YouTube and the name of it is, "the sacred plant:healing secrets exposed", there's like 5-6 episodes, just fascinating I wish everyone could watch it,chronic pain sufferers, cancer patients,   (law makers!) As you can see I'm living in Idaho,probably the last place on the planet to legalize cannabis.
I'm hoping that the more we can educate ourselves and others the better!
I hope someday I can just grow it and make my own cbd.

Best wishes, donkey
neck fusions w/hardware 06 &08 c4-c6, pain in back&arms and other complications multiplied after surgery! rotator cuff surgery 2016 (still hurts 2018) moderate spondylosis, ddd, bulging, ect. rest of spine, IBS, migraines, Thanks for noticing; eeyore
Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 2:56am
Just wanted to edit my last post, there's actually 20 plus videos in the sacred plant series, again, must watch! VERY INFORMATIVE!
neck fusions w/hardware 06 &08 c4-c6, pain in back&arms and other complications multiplied after surgery! rotator cuff surgery 2016 (still hurts 2018) moderate spondylosis, ddd, bulging, ect. rest of spine, IBS, migraines, Thanks for noticing; eeyore
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 10:13am
Thank you for that information!!

I also highly recommend “Cannabis Revealed” by Bonni Goldstein,MD. It’s a wonderful book to really understand how this drug works.

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 5:52pm
Interesting medical development concerning CBD oil. The FDA has approved a new epilepsy drug that has greatly reduced seizures in certain kinds of epilepsy. The main ingredient in this new medication is CBD oil.
Dick
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 9:59pm
I’m using CBD oil cartridges that fit into e-cigs. They have no odor, no psychoactive effects and are truly gentle on the lungs.

CBD is a truly great way to start on this drug. I’m so glad that it’s been approved for so many who suffer from horrendous seizures.

There’s so much to learn about Cannabis and our government needs to be doing research fast on a drug that got a bad rap for too long.

Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 10:28pm
That's encouraging news! But unfortunately, don't expect too much support, research or funding until the Gov. can control it and the pharmaceutical companies can make money hand over fist. They know darn well it works for so many things! (sorry, I can't help myself) Let's keep the pressure on the politicians!  
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2018 at 10:21am
While the Government definitely drags their heels waiting on whatever political issues they will benefit from (this of course involves big Pharma), it’s a fact that things are moving forward quickly in States with MMJ laws. In the 3 years I have had my license, I’ve seen enormous changes in products being offered in the dispensaries along with greater knowledge by both the staff at these facilities and the Drs who approve licensing.

It’s gone from offering just flowers and oils to an ever increasing assortment of edibles, patches, tinctures and topicals to name a few. I always ask “what’s new” when I go, especially where CBD products are concerned. There are many ways now available to use Cannabis that has no odor and can be traveled with safely.

There is research going on. Look towards Canada first as it’s now legal across the country. Progress is going to be made!!

Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2018 at 1:09pm
I am encouraged to see some states have stepped out of the stone age, but I live in Idaho, and I realize it's by choice but this is were my family lives, otherwise I'd be gone in an instant. Unless federal laws change I'm afraid I'll be dead and gone before we ever see it legalized here. Even though both parties were trying to introduce legislation to at least have limited medical use, our awesome governor just vetoed it! Hopefully, it's just a gubernatorial election away.  I just ordered some "non lethal" C.WEB  CBD oil and I'm praying I have some positive results, hopefully I can at least continue to be able to have that shipped across state lines. I can't get a clear answer on whether or not the non thc oil is legal here, all the internet sites say it is, I even called ones customer service and she assured me it was, but then I call around to all the "health food" stores and the like and ask them why they don't carry it and they all say because it's illegal! And I would think they'd know? I've e-mailed several other internet sites and can't get an answer. Anyhow,  I'll try it, when and if I get it, and give a progress report.
                                  Donkey

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2018 at 12:06am
Hang in there Donkey.

I’m so sorry that you are living in such a “situation “. It’s infuriating when we know that this natural plant gives so many relief from pain—despite the fact that it’s no different from any pain med as far as the trial and error goes in finding what works best for each person.

Please keep us posted on how you do. We really care.

Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2018 at 8:23pm
Hi all,
Well, I got my charlottes web advanced, (highest level) CBD oil about a week ago, All I can say is, WOW! I'm a believer! I went in to this skeptically optimistic, but I have to say it surpassed my expectations. The first dose on day one didn't really seem to do much, but the second day I could defiantly feel something happening. The feeling was hard to describe, euphoric? kind of out of body, (in a good way) not sure if it was making my other meds work better or something on its own, or both? I can tell you my pain level 6-7 went to a 2-3.
The first two days I was taking almost a full dropper full twice a day, and honestly, it seemed a bit much. I've decreased to one half dropper twice a day and that seems fine for now, not getting that slightly weird feeling, plus I think I'm a little sub- conscience on how dang expensive it is!
And here's the kicker, I've been able to almost cut my meds in half over the week, and barley noticing! I'm curious to see how far I can take this?
The only problem is, in my case is this stuff is WAY too expensive! I don't think buying this plus my meds, plus seeing my P.M. doctor every single month is going to happen. It's going to be one or the other, I think it's wishful thinking, but I wonder if I could just take the oil?
We'll see how it goes, try to keep you all updated.
                         best wishes,
                                donkey
Bailey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2018 at 3:21am
Great news Donkey, thanks for sharing it with us.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2018 at 5:59pm
It really does work, at least for me. But I agree with the expense part—even going to the local dispensary costs a lot. But it’s the only thing that helped me to get off opioids. However, as my pain levels are so high while I’m waiting for my 4th (and last) fusion, I must take Gabapentin and Robaxin along with my Cannabis. I’m hoping that once the sciatica is relieved post op I can go to MMJ only.

I’m still spending more on the Cannabis than the Oxycodone, but it’s worth it. No more stigma as this is fine with my OS as long as I don’t vape for a period of time post op in case it inhibits fusion. But he’s fine with using it any other way.

I’m so glad that this is helping you. You will find out through trial and error just how much you need and don’t be discouraged if you can’t eliminate all other meds. Cutting down on them is an amazing feeling and having pain levels drop is even better!!!! Please keep us posted on your progress.

PS—-I too am wishing I could grow it but in AZ it’s illegal unless you live more than 25 miles from a dispensary. I’m waiting for the rules to change someday because it will be so much cheaper and easier to experiment with different ways to use this fascinating drug.

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 1:07am
https://doh.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/doh/publication/attachments/Medical%20Cannabis%20Clinical%20Efficacy%20V2.pdf

CONDITIONS WITH EVIDENCE OF EFFICACY 
- Cannabis is recommended for neuropathic pain. 
- Cannabis can be a useful adjunct in treating cancer pain. 
- Cannabis is effective for nausea and vomiting. 
- Cannabis may be useful in some patients for stimulating appetite. 
- Cannabis may help treat anxiety. 
- There is moderate evidence that cannabinoids are effective for spasticity.

CONDITIONS WHERE THE EVIDENCE DOES NOT SUPPORT THE USE OF CANNABIS/CANNABINOIDS 
- Acute pain 
- Tremor in MS 
- Huntington’s disease
- Glaucoma 
- Schizophrenia 
- Depression

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 1:13am
This is a bit confusing, but for full disclosure, I am only after the TRUTH.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000216

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 1:15am
This attacks some of the earlier studies, but I feel like the newer studies address many of the prior study shortcomings and are thus more conclusive and reliable.  But, here is the PNN's critique from December 2017.

More supportive studies:

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 1:25am
My own bottom line - if you have chronic pain and access to CBD you should TRY IT.  What can it hurt to try?  Its controversial but even official government sources are now admitting it has proven efficacy / effectiveness in at least neuropathic and cancer pain.  It isn't cheap, but what how much is a life in less pain worth to you?  Why not give it a try?  The way the government is persecuting opioid pain meds, we need all alternatives such as this, because who knows how long it will be before we see complete opioid prohibition enacted (though I'll be very against to the point of leaving the USA if that happens because I'll be darned if I'm going to be tortured to death).

I presented both sides of the debate for all to see, but ultimately, the bottom line is simple - does it work for you or not?  If it does, who cares how many studies try to say it doesn't?  Because I see studies both ways, and I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes to resist this considering that marijuana is still a schedule I drug.  Hence, when I see government data backing it even at all, I tend to think, this must really work!

Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 3:11pm
Hi, so it seems the CBD (hemp) oil was working quite a bit better the first 3-4 days, I'm even taking the full dropper full without much effect. I'll keep at it, but I think it's obvious it's not going to replace my meds.
One thing I'm surprised at, is the sound of crickets when I expressed how dang expensive this stuff is  in my last post. I get we need to write letters to our legislators and the like to get ALL cannabis/hemp products legalized for medical use in ALL states, but what about the growers and suppliers that are charging as much as it would cost for heroin or the like for a little bottle of hemp oil? If people keep paying those prices without complaint, why would they lower them? And God knows the insurance companies will probably never step- up. I guess I may have to do some research on growing my own? Does anyone know of a discussion or site that might be helpful?
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 10:52am
I’ll be very honest with you. Hemp is just NOT ever going to be very effective for long. You need the true flowers the plant puts out in order to get the real benefits. As far as pricing goes, yes it’s expensive, but once you learn which products are effective, and don’t have to waste money on those that aren’t, it’s really not that bad. For instance—I’ve learned that for me I only need a few oil cartridges of various strains to vape which last me a very long time and some Indica gummy bears to use at night. I seriously doubt that current pricing in States where it’s legal will drop anytime soon as the States are enjoying the enormous revenue gained through taxes. As far as buying the stuff off the streets I would highly suggest not doing it. It’s illegal and you have no idea of what you are buying. The products are inferior in quality and there is no way of knowing what strains you are getting. I’d rather take a trip to a State where it’s legal recreationally and spend a couple of weeks learning what works.

In order to grow, you will be able to learn a lot on UTube. There are many good videos available. Truthfully you only need a couple of plants to get a good amount to use. But understand the risks involved. I’d never try growing a forest in my house or yard. It’s not legal for me to grow in my State. So understand the risks involved.

I know it’s infuriating to live in a State where laws are not passed. I’d use my time and energy to vigorously campaign for the passage of MMJ. If enough people get onboard and you can get the proposal on the ballot it will work. I live in a very conservative State and it took years for us to get our State to finally open the dispensaries, but it did happen and I’m beyond grateful.

Bailey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 10:54am
This is one of the largest sites for all things cannabis, https://www.leafly.com/
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2018 at 11:15pm
Can anyone tell me if I can get it in Alabama?  Every web site I visit contradicts the last one.  I cannot tell what is legal here and what is not.  Also, where do I get the best stuff, assuming I can get it here?  Heck, at this point, I'd try turnip juice if I thought it might help!

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2018 at 10:01am
Jeff

Again—-I encourage you to visit the closet State to you where MMJ is legal. There are many forms of CBD products available for use that work well. But the only way to know what will work for you is time trying them. No one can possibly tell you what you can order online that’s so called legal in your State,or the quality of the product and if it’s hemp based or truly a high grade CBD product. Also, what works best? Vaping? Tinctures? Edibles? The list goes on.

You must make the effort to do the research yourself and this is going to require time effort and energy on your part to discover what will help you. It requires much trial and error on the part of each person just as any drug.

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2018 at 11:23pm
I don't think there is any state nearby and I'm not willing to do anything illegal.  I have many years left to go (assuming I don't die prematurely) so I want to keep a perfect record because who knows what is next in the US.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 4:43pm
You asked about ordering CBD that’s “legal” in your State. Please be aware that you can test positive for THC from hemp based products, even if you can order it online.

It’s not illegal to go to a State where MJ is “legal” if the product is used there. But urine testing if a person is subject to it should not be used anywhere in any form without prior consent from his or her health care provider.

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 5:11pm
See my reply in my Members only thread.

Jeff

Donkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2018 at 5:49pm
Jeff, I can't tell you were cbd is legal, I'm still trying to figure that out here in Idaho, there are some stores that sell it here and others say it's illegal to sell! All the internet sites say it's legal to "ship" in all 50 states. My son is a deputy and I and I showed him my bottle of charlottes web high potency cbd hemp oil, He said based on the ingredients, He has no problem with it, said if He made a traffic stop, He wouldn't confiscate it, wouldn't write a ticket, nobody would go to jail etc. but again that's HIS call. I talked with my pain doc. and he said He's all for it, unless I test positive for thc, said I won't be in trouble, but we'll have to have a discussion, try a different brand?
Stevie, I know your trying to help, but not everyone can financially just take two weeks, a month or whatever to take a vacation to a MJ friendly state and experiment with MJ to see what works and what doesn't. And let's just suppose one did, and it actually helped,  here's the options, uproot everything, move away from family, friends and relocate there, or just say to hell with it and become a criminal and bring it back to your home state ( which almost seems easier) So, if you step back and think about it, it's not an easy thing to do. Again, I know your trying to help and I'm not trying to start a fight, but it's easier said than done.
  I've also been doing some research about the cost of cbd oil and found several companies that give discounts to low income, vets, disabled, etc. and so far the best one I've found (with excellent quality reviews) is lazarus naturals, with my proof of disability I qualify for almost half off retail, which makes it much more affordable.
I'm still on the fence on whether I uproot everything or become a criminal. 

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2018 at 7:31pm
Hi Donkey

I was responding to people who have talked on other threads, willing and able to pick up and thinking about moving to a foreign country in order to get opioids. That option would truly be something that I personally view as a last resort and IMO unsafe as most of us have other, serious ongoing medical issues that require supervised care and treatment that may likely not be possible in a foreign country.

I’m absolutely aware that the cost of “taking a vacation “ for most of us is absolutely impossible. This response was only a suggestion for the very few who have the financial means to do so. And, for those few, if it was found that Cannabis does work, moving to another state in the US seems to be far more doable than leaving ones family only to find opioids that may or not be available in the near future in a foreign country.

I’m surely not advocating what drug (and this includes Cannabis) may work for anyone. I’m also not giving any medical advice as to who may or may not test positive to any form of CBD said to be made from hemp. The literature varies as much as what a person orders online as anything ordered online varies due to the product that is sent.

I can say that from personal experience from going to local dispensaries it’s unusual to find pure CBD that doesn’t have some degree of THC in it. I don’t want anyone to ever face “becoming a criminal “. So, if you don’t live in a State where MMJ is legal or recreational, and if your prescribing health care provider is against using Cannabis then don’t use it. And don’t think you are “safe” by anything purchased on line.

Post Reply Post Reply