Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New FP Group.. LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN
How you can get more control of your health and life.
Click Here
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

tkay's Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626364
Author
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 1:29pm
Sorry about your neck Tammie, hope it
feels better soon. Good Luck at your
appointment Thursday.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 1:34pm
Thanks Roni. I will let you all know about the session.
Hopefully I wont have to go through any topics that have already been explored.
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2016 at 11:03pm
Best wishes for the diet and the info on nightshade that reduces inflammation. I have a food addiction myself especially after quitting smoking for me almost 4 years ago I packed the pounds on which doesn't help the back pain. It's hard to exercise when experiencing pain as well as feeling fatigued. 
I know you will get stronger everyday. Love and Light. Take care. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2016 at 3:32am
Am following you with interest Tammie, when any part of us is screaming it's time out.Big smile 

Hope the small rest you are having is doing big things.

Cheers

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 3:22pm
HI Sara and Tas.

Today I decided even though I am fatigued that I will do a bit of housework. I decided that even though it is hard moving around, I would do it anyway.

I zipped around the house on and off early this afternoon. Carpets needed to be vacuumed desperately. I worked on getting some pictures hung that I have wanted to do for quite a while.

I woke up this morning and wasn't feeling really like doing anything. I told myself that sometimes you just need to push through on days you are only accountable to yourself. My husband traveled alone to Illinois to help his dad with some stuff around the house.

I took away from therapy yesterday, that I need to challenge myself. I really haven't been doing that enough. I didn't set any goals early this year because of my son's wedding. I though yesterday, "geeze Tammie you are behind".
Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 4:46pm
Tammie, good on you.

I've always believed that's the secret to a successful life, setting goals and aiming for the stars, with a very vague timeframe, but keep going.

CheersClap

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2016 at 1:56am
I know Tammie, I have a heck of a time getting myself to get things done sometimes. I get so I just want to sit and cry and feel sorry for myself. After a bit, I pick myself back up and take a deep breath and push myself to carry on.
You go girl.  
Smile

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2016 at 3:33pm
HI you all.

I am so sorry it has been a while since I was here.

I had an actual vacation for 5 days in San Fransisco with my daughter and son in law. It was a fun time. We did a lot of walking and hiking. I stayed at an Airbnb cottage and it was 6 blocks from my daughter's apartment. We walked nearly everyday.

I still was in pain, not the big pain of not being able to move, a #5 pain. The pain I have been experiencing is foot pain. In my toes and ankles. I do have arthritic changes in my feet and it is osteoarthritis. When we weren't walking, I was able to rest my feet. My daughter is very empathetic about how much pain I am in, she was very encouraging about stopping and resting along the way and making sure I drank enough water.

Because I was visiting my daughter I was very distracted from pain, except when we went hiking at Land's End Park near Golden Gate Bridge/Park. We hiked 3 miles on trails and beach. Total steps for the day were 13,358! I learned I have a step counter on my iPhone!

I went to San Fransisco September 8th to September 13, but didn't get home til September 14th because I missed my flight was late getting into Arizona, so I spent 7-8 hours in the airport. I read, had dinner and chatted with lady who also missed the flight to Detroit. Both of us were so glad to get "home" on the 14th. We ended up on a red eye flight to Detroit but had a small layover in Charlotte, NC. We did find out later that Airforce 2 was in the Arizona terminal and it held us up 45 minutes! ugh.

Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2016 at 4:11pm
Hi Tammie, glad you had a great time with your daughter. It's amazing what a little distraction can do to lower pain levels.

I use a "fitbit" to measure steps, stairs, exercise time, etc.  3 mile hikes and 13,000+ steps is gold medal stuff, well done.

Sitting around airports, ugh.  We arrived home yesterday after a five day cruise and had a delayed flight from Sydney.  We flew with an airline named Jetstar which is well known as Junkstar, unfortunately it was the only company flying to Hobart at a suitable time.

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2016 at 10:48am
Tas
I am just glad to be home, I would rather be home than sitting in an airport for 8 hours. I was in Arizona sitting in the airport not California otherwise I would have gone back to my daughters to hang out. It sure isn't convenient to be held over like that, I am happy that I do not work, that would have been a small issue to deal with.

I am so glad for lower pain. I've an appt with Dr. A in a couple weeks for a follow up.
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2016 at 1:15am
Hi Tammie!

It's wonderful that you got to have a vacation at your daughters! Sounds like you had a great time. Too bad about the airport though.
Wow, pain is down. Yes, distraction is good for that. Hope the pain stays down and yes, it's great to come home.

Unknown

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2016 at 12:30pm
HI Roni.

I did have such a great time with my daughter and son in law. It is so different to have them alone to talk, eat together and even watch a movie.

My pain is lower, much lower. I was on two courses of Predinisone. I wished my doctor would have mentions the emotional side effects of taking this drug. My experience in the past was my son using it for his asthma, I need reminders. Course every person can react differently.

Currently I am healing up from a fall I have a week ago. I sprained my ankle. I went to the er had xrays but it showed no breaks, ice, rest, compression and elevation...Monday I was still sore and doctor A's office called for me to come in that day. I saw Dr. A and looked at my foot and stated he would get me in with the foot doctor MONDAY. I saw the foot dr, he stated he did not see any fractures on the new xray but would have his partner check it out to be sure. Because I have been in so much pain with the sprain he has me in a boot aka air cast.

When I saw Dr. A my blood pressure was sky high again. I have not been under any stress or have any drama going on but it is high. So he increased one of my medications.

I am still trying to decide if the fall I had was because I felt like I was going to black or not. I had several times in the last couple weeks where my head just this weird feeling, I would see nothing, black. I would stop, close my eyes and breath, the worst would go away but then it would leave me feeling shaky, upset, and anxious. I am not sure what this is about and Dr. A and I are watching these events closely.

My blood pressure has come down quite a bit.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2016 at 3:41pm
Hi Tammie

Wow----all of this is scary, to say the least, and falls are and can be serious.

My main concern regards your BP. Oftentimes, it can be high when sitting or lying down, but drop like a rock when standing up. Especially for those of us on BP meds. This can cause the symptoms you're talking about.

Is there a way you can have someone measure your BP-----first lying down, then sitting up, and finally immediately upon standing?   My concern is putting patients on increasing amounts of medications without checking this out, and also getting a consult with a Cardiologist just to really figure out the cause of the hypertension.

Please feel better, and as always----thank you for being "you". Hugs

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Quaver View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2016 at 1:38pm
Hi Tammie,

I like you suffer from high blood pressure. I too am on 2 different meds. I sometimes have felt a sort of distancing and sort going down a tunnel when I stand up. At that time I was taking some other med. I forget the name. I looked it up and one of the side effects was lowering of blood pressure. I'm now ok. But I agree with Stevie it sounds like you should monitor your blood pressure. In the uk they're available to buy in most drug stores. That gets round "white coat syndrome" which means that one's blood pressure shoots up when a medic is taking it. We can also be given a 24 hour monitor which you have to wear. It takes your blood pressure every 15 minutes or something. Very irritating but an excellent way to be sure of the variations in your blood pressure. The USA can't not have at least a similar thing available.

Take good care of yourself
PLEASE DONATE TO CHRONIC PAIN SITE! SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO HELP CHRONIC PAIN SUFFERERS

CPS SUPPORT BRITISH & UK RESIDENT
Severe chronic pain in lower back. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Scoliosis, DDD. Hypermobility in ankles caused most problems. Bilateral trochanteric bursitis Osteoarthritis in spine, wrists and hands. Golfer's Elbow. L4-L5 L5-S1 spinal fusion plus cage support and titanium spacers April 2008. Nov 2010, accident in shower caused compression fracture of L2. Missed by A&E. Functional lumbar spine stenosis from herniated disc at L3/L4 July 2015 XLIF discectomy plus XL-TDR very successful! Miraculous improvement in mobility! Hashimoto's syndrome, Depression, High Blood pressure, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2016 at 3:48pm
I have been taking my blood pressure twice a day usually late morning and in the afternoon.

I see Dr. A on Monday again for a blood pressure check. When I am put in an exam room my blood pressure is taken by the MA and then it is taken again when the Dr. and I have discussed how I am feeling. Usually the first number is higher than the second. I have told the staff that if I have to wait too long my anxiety gets high, so they try to get me in and out as quickly as possible.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2016 at 8:47pm
Hi Everyone.

Last week I had an MRI done on my left ankle.

The MRI revealed I DID break my ankle and another abnormality that the foot dr plans to watch. I may need surgery if I find I can not tolerate the pain it may cause me.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2016 at 8:12am
Wow Tammie!!!!

So you've been holding out on us all these years? Os Trigonum Syndrome is often seen in ballerinas and athletes!!! You never mentioned dancing around the house ????But seriously, it could be an extra bone you were born with? I know you have so much joint and foot pain and have for years. Do they have you in a boot, or is PT a possibility? I honestly know nothing about this painful condition. I bet Eileenbunny may.

I hope you don't need surgery, but I'm sorry you've struggled so long with this pain. How are you doing with getting around the house, shopping, etc and starting your new business?

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2016 at 5:23pm
Stevie,
It was surely a surprise to me and the podiatrist. I've been in a boot for three weeks now and I've got two more weeks to go. I have a brace to wear on my ankle to give support and help me feel confident walking.

It might explain some nerve pain I've had.

I use to run/jog a lot when I was in my late teens early twenties.
Dr said it is a genetic thing.

Stuff around the house is sitting til I am able or husband decides to help me. He is home three days next week. I've already told him I'll have a list of things for him to do.
Shopping I've done a bit at a time. I make hubby or son carry them in.
My husband is a good man, he loves me but is oblivious to observing baskets of clothing waiting to go to another part of the house.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2016 at 10:03pm
Hi Everyone.

I will be seeing the podiatrist tomorrow. I am hoping that I will be finished wearing the foot ankle brace.

I took the weekend off from sewing and housework. I was feeling extra tired. I went to bed early saturday, slept all day sunday and today got up at my normal time of 8 am. I am still very tired but not like saturday and sunday. I am hoping taking that time off will help me.

The clinic my therapist works at is going to close. It is a nonprofit counseling center. I will be seeing my therapist at a different office I am glad I don't have to start over again.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2016 at 6:22am
Hi Tammie---

Hoping the boots off for good and you'll be getting around with as little discomfort as possible.

I think most of us females understand the male inability to see things that need to be done that are so obvious to us!!! Maybe we really are from Mars and Venus??? So---get the honey do list finished. I'm honestly bewildered that the Holidays are literally upon us, although you can't go into a store anymore where the Christmas decs aren't in full display.

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2016 at 2:50pm
I no longer am wearing the boot.

I do however have to wear a brace for three months. I do need to go shoe shopping soon for a new pair of walking shoes. The two pair I have are worn. I think the support is beyond use now.

The podiatrist stated the possibility of getting orthotics. My insurance however will not pay for them.

I have not been feeling well over the last couple weeks so my house is a wreck, and really, when it gets right down to it, I don't care. I know that when I feel a bit better I will get things tidy again.

The weather this last month has been up and down. Our babies at church have runny noses. Because I love babies so much I have been holding without the thought I could pick up their bugs. So this last week I have had a low grade cold. I can do things and get through the day but I am very tired.

We spent thanksgiving in our home. we slept most of the day. I did not cook a meal. I think I have a PB&J sandwich. Later my son came with food from his in laws. I chuckled because he was taking care of us.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2016 at 9:32pm
Oh Tammie.

What a way to spend Thanksgiving---ill. Not fun at all, but sweet that your son brought you food:)

I'm hoping you and your hubby are on the mend. You're right---the house can wait. You'll get to it when you feel well enough. Hugs and feel better

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2016 at 2:48am
Hi Tammie,

I too hope you're feeling much better. I'm glad your foot is healing and the boot is off. Winter in Michigan is hard enough. Here's hoping you've had the only bug you'll get this winter and Christmas will be much better than Thanksgiving.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2016 at 5:42pm
We are feeling much better.
We are keeping warm. Hubby is going to need to schedule a time next spring to get a gas burning stove installed in our family room. We have been stalled on the project because we cant agree on flooring for the area it will occupy.

My ankle is feeling much better. Staying off it for as long as I was able really did help. I have to wear an ankle brace for 3 months.

We will be celebrating Christmas with our children and their significant others at our house. My son Adam was married in Feb of this year, he and his wife purchased a house we were going to have our celebration at their new place but they have not finished getting the flooring installed.

The fibro pain is back to where it was before April. Less severe pain usually a 3 to 4. Having everyday pain sure makes it difficult for me to keep track of injury pain and I have shared this with my podiatrist and my GP. I was able to communicate to my GP- Dr A that the upper back and neck pain is such that I feel spasms. I have medication now for the spasms that I take at night. I am thankful to be able to have medication that will take care of the spasms so that I can sleep at night.

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2016 at 5:33am
Hi Tammie,

It sounds like life is fairly good at the moment, great timing for a joyful Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends, and that life continues to improve in 2017.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2016 at 7:27am
This is sounding as if 2017 is going to start off really well!! I'm so sure that you are really happy to have your family together for Christmas ??. Have a wonderful holiday and a great New Year

Renee View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014-2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2016 at 7:26am

Tammie,

Wishing you less pain with the new year.

underactive thyroid 20 years, history of kidney stones, had lithotripsy eight or nine times thru the past 30 years.
Had left knee drained twice in past year, prednisone injection afterwards in knee. Had prednisone injection month before 2nd spinal surgery but no draining - all due to arthritis.
spinal surgery 7/07 with fusing L3-L5, spinal stenosis, DDD
7mm anterolisthesis of L4 on L5
Lots and lots of nerve pain down legs.
2nd spinal surgery 1/20/15 Post lumbar L2/3 fusion XLIF L2/3. Admission diagnosis:
Degeneration of lumbar or lumbosacral intervertebral disc(degeneration of lumbar disc-radiculitis-_
Thoracic or lumbosacral neuritis or radiculitis, unspecified. Other musculoskeletal symptoms referable to limbs(729.89)
Spinal stenosis, lumbar region, without neurogenic claudication. s/p an post spinal fusion, s/p ant post spinal fusion
3/16 double knee arthoscopic surgery due to torn meniscus in each knee and gel injections in each - toxic allergic reaction in left knee from gel.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2017 at 8:17pm
Hi Bailey, Stevie and Renee,

I have a lot of ups and downs.
We traveled mid December to my nieces wedding.
By car, of course, we stopped alot too.

I noticed while sitting in the car my arms started hurting from the elbows to my wrists and then into my hands/fingers.

I went to the doctor. I am taking Norco for the pain, it is realllllllllly bad. Al though my doctor is amazed that I function at a 4 or 5 now with an 8. I told him it is just something that I have gotten used to. I do the best I can with the medications you prescribe.

I am scheduled to go in for xrays of my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers. I have to have labs done too. fun.

anyway, I am hanging in here.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 6:25pm
Oh Tammie----

I was just reading your post on your job and wondering how you can sew with this level of pain in your hands and arms? I so hope the labs show something that gives you answers. Hugs to you

sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 12:03am
I hope they find out what's going on with your neck. Have you had an EMG before for your arms? I hope the xrays show whats up. I put ice on back of neck and back. temporary help until you find out more. Lyrica may help but they have to find out if nerves are involved. I swear the Physio or Chiro can help with their big suction TENS machine no manipulation but PT can do a gentle stretch on the neck that can release some arm pain. I need to get to PT for this as well. Take care. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 4:24pm
Hi Stevie and Sara1.

I had all the pain during my time off at Christmas. My doctor thinks that I pushed myself before Christmas. We went out of town and the pain started in the car, more than usual.

Since I am home I have been making time to go to the doctor when I am in a flare up.
I was seeing the chiropractor, Dr G every week three times a week. I got to the point where chiropractic was not helping me. I got maybe a half day of relief.

When I could not get past the flare up in my elbows, wrists and fingers I went to the doctor.

During Christmas, I did not do any sewing. I wasn't even loading grocery bags into carts while job coaching.

when I sew, I normally do everything assembly line style. I cut everything out at one time, do detail work at one time and sew everything at one time.
I make certain that when I take in any alterations I have plenty of time to work on it and do a job that the customer expects. :)

when I work I make certain not to work too long in one position. I do take my work into my family room to work.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2017 at 9:54pm
I will be seeing Dr. A on Thursday. I am hoping from the blood tests and xrays he might get some answer as to why my arms have been hurting. I may have to check in with the rheumatologist.

I did go back to the chiropractor. I need to remember to do some stretching exercises, drink water, get massages, and not sit so long when sewing.

This week I am finishing up some work.
I am looking at a possibility of not job coaching any longer. I find that once I have been gone 3 to 4 hours I am tired and need to rest. It leaves me little time to work on sewing.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2017 at 10:00am
Please let us know what DrA says. Is it possible that sewing could be increasing the arm pain? Are you having any neck pain Tammie? I'd have a hard time with my neck and back leaning over a sewing machine and just wondering if the arm pain could be coming from your neck.

I sure understand how tiring it is to be up for hours and needing to rest. I seem to live life these days resting in between any and every activity I do. It's frustrating as all get out. This living with CP is a full time job, and one that just isn't understood by "normals".

Renee View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014-2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2017 at 3:47pm
Tammie,
I bet its the amount of time you are putting in with your sewing.  I don't sew much anymore, I knit, but when I did sew for the grandkids, did bridal sewing, craft shows, etc., my arms and back hurt like crazy and I would have to get away from it for a few days to a week.  Its the same with my knitting machines, although since I have the new puppy, no time for knitting machines.  Can't take her into my knitting room yet, too much for her to destroy at her age.  I have to take frequent breaks from sitting too long at the knitting machines or pain will start into my back, shoulders and arms.  I too am on Norco.  The bone stimulator the surgeon ordered for me because of my fusing loosening from last surgery two years ago that I wear for two hours a day is helping tremendously, but found out in last MRI I have two bulging discs.  Of course, a 50 pound 8 month puppy pulling me from leash doesn't help matters either.  Sometimes it goes thru my brain "What was I thinking?!?! but I'm so attached to her now and they aren't puppies forever.   I hope you get some relief.  Its so hard to try and enjoy what we like to and endure the pain that goes along with it.
underactive thyroid 20 years, history of kidney stones, had lithotripsy eight or nine times thru the past 30 years.
Had left knee drained twice in past year, prednisone injection afterwards in knee. Had prednisone injection month before 2nd spinal surgery but no draining - all due to arthritis.
spinal surgery 7/07 with fusing L3-L5, spinal stenosis, DDD
7mm anterolisthesis of L4 on L5
Lots and lots of nerve pain down legs.
2nd spinal surgery 1/20/15 Post lumbar L2/3 fusion XLIF L2/3. Admission diagnosis:
Degeneration of lumbar or lumbosacral intervertebral disc(degeneration of lumbar disc-radiculitis-_
Thoracic or lumbosacral neuritis or radiculitis, unspecified. Other musculoskeletal symptoms referable to limbs(729.89)
Spinal stenosis, lumbar region, without neurogenic claudication. s/p an post spinal fusion, s/p ant post spinal fusion
3/16 double knee arthoscopic surgery due to torn meniscus in each knee and gel injections in each - toxic allergic reaction in left knee from gel.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2017 at 7:53pm
The pain started mid december after travelling by car to our home town. I was in pain an hour or so into our trip.

I do not spend more than 15 to 10 minutes at a time sewing. I know after being an administrative assistant that I have to get up move around and stretch.

Dr. A is sending me to an orthopedics doctor. I will be making that appointment tomorrow.

All my blood work came back within the normal limits except for the rheumatoid factor. I was worried about having Lupus. Those figures came back within normal limits also.

My liver and pancreas enzymes are now lower than they have been in years. I am not sure why.

I was really worried about the A1C test coming back high but it is not anywhere near the pre-diabetic stage!

I have to go to the gyn doctor and the gastroenterologist for yearly tests.

My husband will be do aggravated that My tests are in normal limits. His cholesterol, A1c and a few others are always above the normal limit.

All my Xrays came back normal also.

That is all my good news.

Today I also went to the chiropractor for a treatment and got a massage in the same office.
Later in the afternoon today I went and got my hair colored and cut. I have a shorter hair style now. :)
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2017 at 9:57pm
I'm thinking that a surgical consultation is probably the way to go with your symptoms but would still like an answer to the high rheumatoid factor. Oh----wouldn't we all love the "answer"????

On a much lighter note-----selfie of newly cut and colored hair would be wonderful!!

Hugs

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2017 at 6:06am
Yes pictures please.

Great to hear most of your test numbers are good. I hope you feel as good as the tests say you are. Also hoping you pass the rest of the tests and that's it for exams for awhile.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 5:26pm
The elbows and knees are areas where fibromyalgia has tender points.

I do have tennis elbow and it seems to have calmed down. I am not sure why it started. The orthopedic doctor prescribed a compounded cream for me to use. It does help.

I have been given medication for spasms I have been having in different parts of my body.

I have bursitis of the foot, believe it or not. In October of last year I fell and broke my ankle. The bursitis is part of the injury. I had some pretty intense pain and walking was difficult. I spent almost 4 weeks in a boot.

The area where the bursitis is I have spurring and a bone chip that egged the bursitis on.

I have been sitting with my feet up when I am not at work. At work I sit when I am able to and watch my client.

I have been seeing the podiatrist almost every two weeks checking up on my foot. My last visit my foot was still inflamed, we talked about cortisone at this point and I decided to proceed with the cortisone.

Finally my foot feels good.
I bought new shoes that help me to walk without turning my ankles.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 6:41pm
The tennis elbow had subsided quite a bit. Using the compounded medication and oral medication has helped me so much.

The bursitis in my foot is another story. when I am on my feet a long time I have pain. My foot doctor is concerned about the fact that I tend to feel pain differently because of the fibro. I take the same medication for my elbow.

Last week my legs were hurting me. My right leg more so and the knee included. I used the stairs on Thursday evening. I got to the top stair and heard a loud pop from my knee, and I had terrific pain with it. I have been off my feet since Thursday night. I found I was still in a lot of pain on Friday. I had to cancel plans for the day, fortunately I was covered and activities went on without me, I am glad of that!
Friday afternoon my husband took me to the ER so that I could get an x-ray done.(my doctor does not have an x-ray machine) I have no broken bones.
Today, I saw Dr. A. I will be having an MRI tomorrow afternoon and will see Dr. A next week.

My husband and I are flying to California to see our daughter and son in law. I am hoping by next week my knee will have calmed down a bit.

I am very frustrated over the injuries that I have had. I did not do anything to provoke an injury to my body, but yet I am in pain, I am tired and feel isolated.

I was also wondering if maybe I have an overlapping condition of Chronic Fatigue. I need to read up on it and possibly ask Dr. A about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626364