Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New FP Group.. LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN
How you can get more control of your health and life.
Click Here
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Dr. Ho's Compression belt & other helpful gadgets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr. Ho's Compression belt & other helpful gadgets
    Posted: Nov/04/2011 at 10:21pm
I had bought Dr. Ho's compression belt but haven't used it too much but tonight I was having a lot of back pain so I put on the belt tonight and find it's helping with the back pain and pressure I was feeling. It doesn't take it away completely but have found it useful tonight!  Also when I bought it I got a free gift with it also. I think the price is much more than what I paid for it but think it's on sale again around the holiday season. 

It doesn't give as much decompression as a traction and it only stretches one out a little. Just another tool in the tool kit which has been very costly buying all these little pain relief devices. I would like to hear of others experience with market pain relievers. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
P_Griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P_Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2012 at 8:51am
I have seen Dr. Ho's compression belt on TV and it looked quite interesting. Wont help with my migraines but if I had back pain it would definitely be worth trying if its not too expensive. Good luck! 
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2012 at 6:07am
We should put all our tool we have bought and put them all together in a pile and see if any one has something the other might want to try. I have a  a sacral belt didn't help, then a bolster which helps. Um a thingy to put my socks on and john can put them on me much faster,but it's summer and I usually go without. Oh yes. the long shoe horn that keeps braking. A weird type of tape I am supposed to tape my back in an x to stop me from bending Ha what a laugh. A brace which I love so wouldn't put that in. A wheel chair which is a keeper. I had a step to get into our truck but we have a different truck so it can go into the pile. I keep running out of heating pads, they only heat so much. Any one else have anything to add? I have others but can't think of them atm.

Roni

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2012 at 6:52am
That's a great idea Roni. I have a couple of fabric bags that are filled with beads or something and you heat them in the microwave and put them on your shoulder, neck, whatever. One of them is sooooo heavy. if I put it on my neck I think my head would slam forward with the weight.

Anyone else?

Bailey
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
P_Griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P_Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2012 at 1:20pm
I have done/bought atleast a billion things over the years! Too much to remember and a lot of it was quite costly. Heating pads, cold pads, something called "Light Relief".  My wife recently bought me something called the Iceotherm and it did sort of help the other day you put it on and it gives you this cold/hot feeling that sort of numbs down the pain. 
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2012 at 10:07pm
I find the Backjoy helpful while sitting in my chair as comfortable as one could be with 24/7 back pain. I have an ice gel pack that helps also but so hard to get that biting squeezy pain in the middle of the spine with all these topical items. I still force myself to go for a walk almost everyday even though it's painful because i got to keep moving. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Jackie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2012 at 10:52pm
Hi, I have a few dozen devices to add to the pile. Lots of magnets.I had the Dr. Ho compression belt but sent it back as it did not help me .I could never part with my many ice packs.When I'm lying on the bed my grandaughter will go get my ice bags and tell me she has a sore back too so she lays on the ice and says Gramma this is very cold you know ,she is 3 and makes me laugh out loud every day.Off topic Oh yes I have a temerpedic mattress that is too hard and so have a mattress topper that is like temperpedic SP? that I got at Costco that I love. I used the Dr.Ho tens unit when I was still trying to work but by the end of a shift my backside would be black and blue from having it turned up to 10. I have 3 canes cause I leave them places as don't use unless I have to. I use Watkins mentholatum ointment for restless legs and that helps a bit. Keep them comin ,somethings bound to work for someone. Roni,I like your new Picture,its cool.If I had a pic I would post it maybe I will let someone take one ,but it would prob take a 100 before I got one I would put up but hey I will do it! Jackie
Jackie
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2012 at 2:06am
An exercise ball was great until it sprung a leak, I used to sit and roll on it and supposed to be helpful for stretching out the ligaments. But actually when I was in Urgent Care a man came in and had fallen backward off the ball and hit his head so you have to be careful with the exercise ball.

Back to life machine where you put your feet over and get a gentle stretch is a nice passive exercise machine I have but what! I never use it hardly. Mine came with ankle weights and yoga mat but the first month or so was alright but obviously didn't make much difference or I would use it everyday. 

I like the infrared platinum heating pad and even my Pain Management Dr.t old me it would heal my L5-S1 herniated disc which it did heal but not sure it was that though as I have a bone spur there now but I still love it in the winter time. Sara
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2012 at 4:58am
I've got an exercise ball but my balance is to bad to be able to use it damn. I have a tens and Jackie I get bruises on my back from it and I don't have it on to high. I also have a thing about the size of a  heating pad that has magnets on it but don't seem to help. I do like my tens tho. That's about all I have to add at this point.

Roni

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
 Post Reply Post Reply