Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Best Things I've Purchased

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Things I've Purchased
    Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 6:25am
We have some great topics on ways to help our pain. I don't know if this will be a topic or just my post, lol, but I wanted to mention a couple things I've purchased, that make my life better, less painful.

The number one thing is my heating pad shaped like a cape. I have one at home and work and the minute I sit down, it goes either around my neck or draped over my shoulder. The way it conforms to my body and constant soothing heat, works wonders on pain and spasm.

Recliner with swivel base. Before I got this I was constantly turning my head or changing positions to watch tv, read or talk to my husband. Now my head stays straight and my chair moves. Much better for anyone with neck problems. And it reclines.

KOBO, Kindle, Notebook. I love, love, love to read. It can still help distract me from my pain. But holding the books was hurting me. The e-books weigh almost nothing and don't even have to be held. you can put it on your leg or pillow and not worry about losing your page.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 7:12am
Relax the Back Chair---expensive but well worth it.

Zero Gravity Chair---inexpensive and can be moved and taken with you so you have a comfy place to sit.

Heated throw----use them on my chairs in the winter

Super soft neck pillows---these are hard to find.  Most are way too hard for my neck

iPad----couldn't hold books due to the weight, and it also has dictation so I don't have to type posts.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 6:25pm
heating pad shaped like a cape!? i wan't one!

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 6:29pm
It's  awesome, around my neck and shoulders as we speak.. Walmart has them as does amazon. It's made by Sunbeam.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 12:50am
Yep, I have there "heat belt" the best companion ever.(sunbeam, operated by 4 AA batteries) goes with me everywhere.

Ken

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 4:02am
I would like to hear more about the heating pad shaped like a cape.
And the heat belt!

Roni

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 5:01am
Toni,

As Bailey said, they are available through Amazon where you can also read reviews of them.

I purchased mine through eBay here in Australia.

From memory, (I have had mine over a year) so memory shaky I Googled reviews on product.

Ken

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
Tas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 5:04am
Another item I have recently purchased after noticing the physio use all the time was a small product called an Ultralieve. This is a small handheld ultrasound which relieves the pain around inflamed muscles that may be in spasm.

Ken

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 5:05am
Hey Roni,

There's a picture and some info on it in the Helpful Gadgets, the thread is called, Help for our Neck.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 6:33am
For those of you who are thinking about buying anything from Amazon, please remember that we are hooked up with them-----find them on the left hand column of the main forum page.  Click on "Amazon Store".  

Here is the link to heating type pads that are available:http://astore.amazon.com/chrpaisit-20/search/186-8932875-9372512?node=1&keywords=heating+pads&x=11&y=7&preview=

So, if you buy something from Amazon and do it through our Amazon Store, we will get a small percentage of the sale to help us with operating expenses on the site.Big smile

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Nikoma View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 1:09pm
Thanks for the link Stevie!

As for the best purchases we've made to make me feel better:

Hitachi Wand: definitely feels great on really sore muscles.

Kindle Fire: I love reading and when I'm having problems with insomnia, I can even watch shows on netflix while hubby is asleep next to me.  He doesn't sleep so well when I'm not in bed with him.  So this was a great purchase for us.

HUGE Ice Pack: We purchased an ice pack that covers my entire back.  It's ginormous!  But it really helps when I'm having those burning aches.  It's really the only thing that helps because heat just makes them worse.

Long Heat Pads:  We have two so we don't have to fight.  My hubby does deal with chronic pain left over from two car accidents so we often use these at the same time.  We had 1 and then we would fight over it. lol  So we picked up another.

I really want one of those neck/cape thingies!  It looks amazing and would feel really good.

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.” ― Doreen Valiente --- Diagnosis: Endometriosis. PCOS. Major Depression. Inflamatory Autoimmune Disorder. Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy. Fibromyalgia. Dystonia. Reverse Cervical Lordosis. C1 twisted 1.5° to the left. Moderate to Severe Arthritis in L2, L3, L4 & L5, as well as S1, S2 & S3. Muscle and Nerve damage in right leg, permanent left ankle injury.
Hazy-Daisy View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazy-Daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 9:53am
I am in love with my Prop 'N Go Slim (ipad pillow/mount) -- I use it constantly, it's one of my favorite finds. Has saved my hands. I also find wearing night braces on my wrists helps me during the day. When I don't wear them, I feel the difference. The Futuro Night Wrist braces are very comfortable and have a beaded pad inside to keep my hands from balling up tightly, too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply