Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

cataract surgery right eye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cataract surgery right eye
    Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 10:58am
surgery is tomorrow.
bad thing is that i had to stop NSAIDs a week ago. arthritis has me screaming and hollering. sorry i havent been around much....pal pete
parkinsons disease.men1 genetic disorder. endocrine tumors in pituitary gland and pancreas. carpel tunnel syndrome. spinal stenosis.sleep apnea.vast knowledge of crutches and wheelchairs.borderline diabetic.gerd. both hips replaced. spinal stimulator. 7 spine surgeries/fusions. pain pump trial.Thrombocytopenia. no spleen.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 11:04am
Good luck, Pete!!!  And get back on those NSAID's asap.  I can't imagine how bad your pain must be right now.  Oh, and NO apologies for not being around much---you are always around even if you aren't posting and we all care very much.Hug

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:00pm
Good luck tomorrow Pete, we'll all be thinking of you.

I really hope the procedure doesn't add to your pain and that the return of the nsaids get you back to bearable pain quickly.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 4:58am
Good Luck to day Pete. Will be thinking of you!

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 6:55am
thanks guys. i'm glad i have a place o get encouragement now and then. my wife hired a driver totake me to the procedure. i'm so stouborn i would have driven myself. not good idea with eye surgery. i need my diclofinac...i need my diclofinac...oh funny thing is the eye doc has me putting diclofinac drops in my eye prior to surgery....at least eye wont hurtSmile
parkinsons disease.men1 genetic disorder. endocrine tumors in pituitary gland and pancreas. carpel tunnel syndrome. spinal stenosis.sleep apnea.vast knowledge of crutches and wheelchairs.borderline diabetic.gerd. both hips replaced. spinal stimulator. 7 spine surgeries/fusions. pain pump trial.Thrombocytopenia. no spleen.
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 7:00am
Good luck pete. With everything you've gone through, this will be a piece of cake.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 7:13am
Thinking of you Pete, hope it's smooth sailing.

Good luck.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 5:55pm
Pete,
My Dad got cataracts  taken out from both eyes and no longer needs glasses.
Good Luck!!

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 7:52pm
Hi Pete,

I'm thinking of you and hoping you're back at home, resting comfortably(as comfortably as you get my friend) on your nice soft floor.

Rest as well as you can, and follow all the docs orders. Otherwise you might end up with you know who paying you a visit,

Take care buddy.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 9:54pm
thanks friends...
dr says everything went well but i dont know yet since i still have a patch over the eye that will be removed tomorrow...no pain, just a sting when they put in the IV...
i noticed in my literature that i'm not supposed to lift over ten lbs. after the surgery. so how do i lift 245 lbs off the floor and into my power chair? the dr  thought i'd be ok...
roni i paid an extra $1,300 to have the lens modified so i might be 20/20.
i was curious as to when we first started cataract surgery. turns out the romans did it in 200 adSmile
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 11:14pm
Pete,
Are you 20/20, or maybe it's to early to tell.....

Unknown

pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 2:15am
hi roni...yah i cant sleep eitherSmile
i'm a bit near sited in both eyes, the dr asked if i wanted to see better at a distance. i said yes so he has adjusted the lens for that capability. what i dont know is whether i will see well up close. the patch comes of at 10am so then i may know. i think if one eye sees well up close and one at a distance i may not need any glasses...
   boy what an assembly line for the surgery. i was in a room with twenty other patients. they get you seated in a reclining chair with wheels. after they put in the IV you get rolled into a single room where the dr works on you for about twenty minutes. then they roll you out and you bo home. 
   this procedure doesnt have many failures. the web claims a 98 percent success rate...nity nite....pal pete
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 2:33pm
saw eye doc today. eye came out perfect but the other one i thought was good now seems bad. doc said i may want to do the other eye too.....pal pete
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 2:51pm
Great news, Pete----

Does it seem kind of strange to see perfectly out of one eye and not so well out of the other?  I'm very happy that it went so well, but hate that you will have to be off of your Diclofenac for the other eye surgery.  Unhappy

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 3:22pm
hi stevie it does feel strange but in time i will get used to it...
i just put my computer screen five feet from my face and was reading 14 point type with no trouble. my bad eye is good for close up and the new eye reads well at a distance. 
oh yah the diclofinac...took one last night but still in rough shape. think i'll take another....pal pete
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 3:37pm
Pete,
Just imagine if you got both eyes done. Are you going to get the other eye done? Are you awake for the surgery? I'm happy to hear your one eye is doing so good.

Unknown

Hangingon View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangingon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 11:29pm
I had cataract surgery and lazer in both eyes. I also went for the distance but had to use wear reading lasses. I had the same prescription every year till this year. I had mine done in 1990. Ans my right eye has gotten a lot worse. I did injure that eye once and I lost my eyesight in that eye first when I went blind. I was on the operating table for almost an hour and had excrutiating pain for awhile in that eye. luckily had a good Dr. that wouldn't give up. He said he would do anything possible to get my eyesight back cause I was only 38. The left eye only took 13 mins.
Elizabeth
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:41pm
Hi Pete,

Very glad the eye surgery went so well. Not sure if you'll need to get the other one done, but at least if you do, you seem to have all ranges of vision covered at the moment.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 5:28am
hi bailey and  elizabeth   ...my big trouble now is that when i came off my nsaid my pain that felt arthritic becabe very bad. i'm back on the nsaid but for some reason i'm still in rough shape. the worst is tne neck, arms shoulders and hands. maybe i need another rhyzotomy. its been two years....pal pete
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 5:46am
Oh Dear Pete,
I hope you start feeling better soon Pete.
Thinking of you.
Roni

Unknown

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 8:01am
Oh Pete---sounds like you are now playing "catch up" with the pain.  If possible, can you take some extra BT meds for a couple of days until the NSAID's get back into your bloodstream?  I know you hate them and they make you feel lousy, but one or two extra may get you over this hump.  Sorry, Pete.  Stevie xx

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 8:18am
I'm sorry the pain is so bad Pete. Hopefully a couple days back on the nsaids and things will be better. It is possible the effects of the rhyzotomy are starting to wear off, you've gotten amazing results from that one procedure. But my fingers are crossed the nsaids do the trick.

Thinking of you buddy.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Hangingon View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangingon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 9:23am
I am beginning to think is when we go off our meds our mind realizes why we where on the meds and it goes into a form of shock when we go off them. Makes the pain seem more intense. Not sure if this makes sense written down here. Having a hard time trying to say what I want to. :(

Elizabeth
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 9:39am
hi friends
stevie i have increased the dilaudid for the last two weeks..... 
elizabeth i agree the brain gets shocked and it kicks back lol 
now new trouble as the stomach pain has erupted because of the diclofinac. the human body is so very sensitive and one little med change can set off an explosion. here it is ten am and i havent done a stretch yetCry         
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 9:41am
So sorry Pete, wish there was something I could do.

Sending caring, healing thoughts your way.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
 Post Reply Post Reply