Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

What Would you Like to see New on CPS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Would you Like to see New on CPS?
    Posted: Apr/12/2015 at 9:13am
Hi All Members,

Our site continues to grow and expand, and we are looking for fresh ideas for new forums that will be of interest to members.  While we may not be able to fulfill all requests, we will do our best.

We do have things on the site such as the "one liner" games that could be expanded.  We also have the living room and comedy forum so that we can talk about things NOT related to pain.  But, there is room for more and we want your input.

So, please bring your ideas here----new and old members alike.  We look forward to hearing your suggestions!!!

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2015 at 11:45pm
Good idea Stevie

I loved the three grandparents who were around when I was born and all of them were story tellers. Grandad died when Rowan was a baby, and Granma didn't die until after Rowan had died - and my other Gran died before I was married - she was at my engagement party when we announced our engagement

So how about a one liner for the things out grandparents said often - you know the ones that we listened to as kids and waited and waited to have the same thing said again

- my bro and I enjoyed that one

We could have stories about our grandparents - but there is already a place for our writing - the one liners would be classics and pretty funny - even if we weren't there at the time
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2015 at 7:07am
Wonderful idea, Merlin. I see you've started it in the one liners forum. Thanks!!!

Anyone else have new ideas?

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2015 at 7:18am
Stevie,
How about a thread called "If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at". Feel free to shorten that topic. In here, members can tell stories about themselves that are funny or embarrassing. We all have them. I know I could write a book or two about them.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2015 at 8:53am
heres one under the introduction:

i told my shrink about this crazy dream and he said: "oh, you had better tell CPS about this one!"
parkinsons disease.men1 genetic disorder. endocrine tumors in pituitary gland and pancreas. carpel tunnel syndrome. spinal stenosis.sleep apnea.vast knowledge of crutches and wheelchairs.borderline diabetic.gerd. both hips replaced. spinal stimulator. 7 spine surgeries/fusions. pain pump trial.Thrombocytopenia. no spleen.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2015 at 1:04pm
Thanks, Dick!!!  New thread is created in the Member's Writings Forum:http://chronicpainsite.com/mb/forum_posts.asp?TID=13468&PID=184456&title=if-you-cant-laugh-at-yourself-then-who#184456  I did have to shorten the title in order for it to fit.

Pete---are you first up in here with your dream? LOL  Or did you want to start a new thread ABOUT dreams? LOL

Thanks for the input----keep the ideas coming folks.

Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2015 at 8:10pm
How about one-liners on funny things our kids said when they were small?
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2015 at 2:47pm
I like Dicks idea. I have a lot of embarrassing
and funny things I could contribute.

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2015 at 9:52pm
Yes Roni - start writing  - I am looking forward to reading what happens in your life

Remember I have a list of typos - but never mind - I am keeping them to myself

Go for broke with the humour - we want to hearLOL 
Quaver View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2015 at 6:01am
I can't think at the moment - my creative muse has deserted me! I'll be back if he/she returns!
PLEASE DONATE TO CHRONIC PAIN SITE! SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO HELP CHRONIC PAIN SUFFERERS

CPS SUPPORT BRITISH & UK RESIDENT
Severe chronic pain in lower back. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Scoliosis, DDD. Hypermobility in ankles caused most problems. Bilateral trochanteric bursitis Osteoarthritis in spine, wrists and hands. Golfer's Elbow. L4-L5 L5-S1 spinal fusion plus cage support and titanium spacers April 2008. Nov 2010, accident in shower caused compression fracture of L2. Missed by A&E. Functional lumbar spine stenosis from herniated disc at L3/L4 July 2015 XLIF discectomy plus XL-TDR very successful! Miraculous improvement in mobility! Hashimoto's syndrome, Depression, High Blood pressure, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2015 at 5:35am
I don't know about my creative muse Quaver - but I was putting something off - and I knew I had to do it but didn't want to

But I had a nightmare where everyone was struggling around walking in porridge up to their armpits

To avoid that nightmare happening again - I did what I had to and it was far easier than dreaming about walking around armpit deep in porridge
 Post Reply Post Reply