ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Effective September 1, the ChronicPainSite.com will be closing it's doors.
We've had a good 10 year run and have helped many people.
We will keep the info up for reference and to help people who stop by, but no posting will be possible.

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (leg pain)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Izzy View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2016 at 11:31am
Dear Merlin,

I haven't spoken to her in a while. It's a shame because she seemed so nice and we always got on very well but I guess she can't have been that nice a person if she would ditch me as a friend just because my health has changed. It's just strange to think that we would probably still be close friends if this hadn't happened to me.

Your story is indeed strange. It's one thing to think that but it's another to say it out loud and it's also incredibly rude. I don't know if I would have had the guts to go up to her though! There is so much discrimination against people who have to use physical medical aids. I have been stopped from going in the lift at a museum because people don't want to make room for me and there are always stories much worse than that in the papers. However I have never come across a case of someone who was diabetic being made fun of because they have to inject insulin and that is the same kind of thing. It's a strange world we live in!

Izzy xxx
Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Probably)
Hypermobile Hips and collapsed arches
Chronic Pain Syndrome
multiple MRI scans
Lots of physio
Hydrotherapy
Izzy View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2016 at 11:33am
One of the problems with not having a clear diagnosis means that no-one knows what the future holds and therefore can't say if it is definitely permanent or not. I therefore can't get a blue badge (a disabled parking permit) and other government things. If I were in this situation but the doctor said it was permanent I would be eligible but currently I'm not which just seems really unfair as getting into London for appointments and taxis as I can't get the bus are expensive :( I guess I have to be grateful that it isn't definitely permanent but it does annoy me a little! 

Just a little something that has annoyed me over the last 2 years and hindered me from doing many things.

Hoping for a pain free day for you all

Izzy xx
Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Probably)
Hypermobile Hips and collapsed arches
Chronic Pain Syndrome
multiple MRI scans
Lots of physio
Hydrotherapy
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2016 at 2:57pm
Hi Izzy----

It's the "not knowing" that's so terribly difficult. Most of us are able to handle what's thrown at us if we have a diagnosis. But the unknown is frustrating and unfair.

It should be possible in the UK to get temporary handicap placards, etc as it is in the States. I'm sorry that you are going through such trying times. Hugs to you.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2016 at 9:28pm
Hi Izzy

In Australia we can get temporary parking permits too - but as life is the way it is - when I needed to use disabled parking while awaiting knee surgery (the first when I was at university) I had flack thrown at me by an ignoramus -

It really does make me wonder - what does happen in the tiny little brains of the people who resent the space we are entitled to - strange and cluttered ideas - I think - and this kind of behaviour will come back to haunt people who entertain themselves with it

That woman who pointed and laughed because I needed crutches that day not so long ago - she was obviously a sad case - I think maybe it helps that I am older and learned to be assertive - but I would have felt worse if I had not spoken to her in a quiet firm voice the way I did.

(Mama don' allow no slingin'-orf-at-crutches-here)

I use elbow or Canadian crutches - and I have some good muscle in my triceps - a man tried to attack me some years back and he got the pointy end of one of my crutches in his belly button - and he changed his mind.

But I did not like that at all - thank goodness it only happened once

It is awkward for you if you have this humongous hill between the situation of your classes at one of the universities you are thinking about. It is not easy living alone with a disability - I have learned this - and it is a whole lot of new skill sets - I am sure there are many other people who will say the same thing

When I was at university I would sometimes live in the halls - this had its up-side and its down-side. At least you can eat at the dining-room but I found the food was pretty indifferent. I suppose we get used to whatever it is - and I wish you the best and look forward to hearing how things go for you

And about that person who used to be a friend - it is easy to say that she is not worth the effort - but it can really hurt - even though we have not done anything to earn this kind of treatment. I do understand - we have feelings and we find it hard to turn them on or off -

You are worth far more than her - believe me

So - I hope you can start your course work soon - go IzzyThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12