Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

fearful!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fearful!
    Posted: Aug/18/2017 at 10:12pm
I need help! Increased low back pain. Now severe. Increase numbness and weakness both legs. Absent reflexes both legs (old). Now over past 48 hours...urinary incontinence x 8.. a couple of times it was stress incontinence but several episodes where I got the urge and before making it 6 feet to toilet bladder just lets go. Concerned about cauda equine. I called my pcp for mri order but she was gone and NP refused order. PM closed also. Everyone trying to force me to go to ED. Hubby has lined me up a surgeon to cut if needed but won't order mri because he has NEVER see my and no access to records. I refuse ED because they treats all pain.
Patients as druggies

They tried that crap when I had my MI. I had a semi. (Aka a widow maker)   no do not have saddle numbness though. I know this is very rare. I really want to know if the absence of saddle anesthesia indicates I may no ok and maybe a utility or something. I plan to be a walk in at pcp's office in the am if this continues overnight or go to ED in New Orleans if necessary. My insurance won't cover here anyway unless dying.

Help! Tell me I am likely to be ok and just letting my fear take over!
DDD, spinal stenosis, buldging/herniated disks,nerve compression, CAD, diabetes,etc
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 1:11am
I am assuming that if have an mri now...last was over 2 years ago..and no major change I could possibly rule out cues. Yes or no? I really don't want a program or emg. Not ready for torture this weekend. Those tests , especially the emg are torture. Trying to avoid that for now. I KNOW it will help me at my disability hearing as my back looks like crap and I do know I have nerve damage but dang those tests suck!
DDD, spinal stenosis, buldging/herniated disks,nerve compression, CAD, diabetes,etc
Nene
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 3:44am
Hi nene,

Sorry this is happening to you. I have zero medical training but we always suggest people go to the emergency with bladder or bowel incontinence. If it is cauda equina, it is a medical emergency. Waiting can leave you with permanent problems. This needs to be investigated asap. Good luck.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 6:45am
Nene,
You need to be seen asap and have some of those tests you hate. The symptoms you described, the leg weakness and bladder issues are classic cauda equina symptoms. It happened to me and I still have nerve issues 11 years later. The longer these go untreated the longer the recovery will be for you.
Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 9:46am
Thanks. I have been aN RN for 42 years. I had no more incontinence last night. It may have a lot to do with this cough I have. I have been sipping whiskey all night. I need some raw honey and lemon juice to mix my jack Daniels to make cough medicine. Straight jack helped last pm but the mixture will help more. I know, I know. I am stubborn. Lol
Nene
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 10:03am
Nene---

I'm also an RN and a PA. We are the worst people on the planet to seek medical help, but you need help.

Please go to an Urgent Care Clinic or the ER. That cough must be treated, and you absolutely must have a new MRI. Your weakness and urinary symptoms cannot be passed off on coughing until spinal compression is ruled out. Please listen to your husband and us-----we've been dealing with this for years!!!!

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 2:56pm
LOL. I will get a new mri. My disability is fast approaching and it will help with that but I didn't want to spend the $ just for that. Btw. New cough syrup... @/2 cup each jack Daniels and raw (organic honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice one good squeeze (adjust to taste)... DELICIOUS I may still cough but at least I will still enjoy the medicine
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 9:01pm
LOL. I will get a new mri. My disability is fast approaching and it will help with that but I didn't want to spend the $ just for that. Btw. New cough syrup... @/2 cup each jack Daniels and raw (organic honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice one good squeeze (adjust to taste)... DELICIOUS I may still cough but at least I will still enjoy the medicine
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 9:10pm
LOL. I will get a new mri. My disability is fast approaching and it will help with that but I didn't want to spend the $ just for that. Btw. New cough syrup... @/2 cup each jack Daniels and raw (organic honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice one good squeeze (adjust to taste)... DELICIOUS I may still cough but at least I will still enjoy the medicine. In have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday if I can get an order. If all else fails I can get the radiologist to order. When you talk to a nurse and they say let me look that up....yikes. I wanted the PA. or NP in the office but nooooo. When I asked for one of then I was told " they don't KNOW your case. YOU HAVE ALL MY RECORDS ON YOUR COMPUTER.   The last page is an intense exam. OMG I wanted to scream! I refuse to go to ED when I KNOW that the MRI will rule out indicate further tests. If truly needed I will go through torture. I don't need the pain or expense if not necessary.
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2017 at 9:16pm
I already have collections calling for medical expenses. I cannot put hubby through more expense unless necessary. I know how it works. Million dollar workup for a 10 dollar problem.
Nene
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 4:18pm
You are worth the Million Dollar work up.
As others have stated above investigate this asap.
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 6:01pm
No MRI TODAY. NO SLEEP FOR 4 days. Hubby res hauled for tomorrow. I have bronchitis and unable to stop cough lying down. Need medication...ordered... but I don't have $$$ my mom. Fridge but they would not let her..I will not wise Walgreen again. I had a horrible daughter. Hateful son Law. I became suicidal but passively. I told my pcp if I had another heart attack I was not sure if I would bother with 911.I am about to stand up for ME. I am not silly, stupid.b if you don't like something I don't need or want to know your thoughts unless it impacts YOU!
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 8:38pm
OMG. I need a crisis hotline. I cannot take this any longer. A friend gave me a number and my phone broke. I really needn't talk with someone.....anyone
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 8:40pm
No MRI TODAY. NO SLEEP FOR 4 days. Hubby rescheduled for tomorrow. I have bronchitis and unable to stop cough lying down. Need medication...ordered... but I don't have $$$ my mom. Tried
but they would not let her..I will not hse Walgreen again. I have a horrible daughter. Hateful son Law. I became suicidal but passively. I told my pcp if I had another heart attack I was not sure if I would bother with 911.I am about to stand up for ME. I am not silly, stupid if you don't like something I don't need or want to know your thoughts unless it impacts YOU!
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 9:01pm
I need a friend. I need an ear. I need help. I really believed when push came to shove maybe my daughter did LOVE me. She knows I am upset! I just fired my gun out the window. I hear her laugh and clap. OMG she hates me. No one cares! I feel so alone
Nene
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2017 at 4:02am
Can you send a message to a crisis centre with your computer? Please try
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2017 at 9:36am
Please call 911 right away. You truly need help and none of us here are capable of providing the care you need and deserve nene.

We know how badly you are hurting mentally and physically. There IS help out there for you. So please call 911 so they can get you that help.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 6:22am
Hi sorry I got laryngitis so I apologize I wanted to update but I keep losing my post because I am not up to sleeping heirloom anyway I have my new MRI of my back I do not have CES so that is great still have the same old same old I just got the bad apparently I have done that according to my family under really strange things so that is MRI scheduled didn't couldn't get it done because it's a tuna $50 co-pay actually is a 500 would have amounted to 150 so I sold my gun which I never used anyway to my son for his girlfriend and for his wife's protection she loves it better get like MRI done in case something outside of ourselves sells antique Victrola and all the records again to my son because he wanted it any other money sound just want to let you know that I'm okay I'm working on finding out what's going on in my stupid brain and as soon as I know something I'll let you know I'm alive more or less well let you know when a good day Moses thanks you guys for all your help bye
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 6:23am
Oops.
Nene
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 1:22pm
It is good hearing from you nene.
I am hoping you are in contact with your primary doctor to keep him/her in the know of what is going on in your life. A medical professional needs to know how the pain and other symptoms are affecting your daily life.

I heard the struggle you were in last week posts. Please if you get to feeling those same emotions to contact someone in your circle to speak with.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 5:24pm
Thank you for sharing this with us nene.

Please know that we do care very much about you. There comes a time in most of our lives when so many problems pile up and getting help for our physical and emotional health is so vital.

We are here rooting you on----don't ever hesitate to call a crisis hotline. We want you to feel better!!!!

nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 3:13pm
Oops. Sorry. I was trying to speak to my kindle. Rather than talk rather than type I made lots of mistakes but it didn't help to have a bit of laryngitis anyways ms mistakes I sold my gun and my Victrola to raise money for my MRI whatever crap you have mattresses anything abnormal so I'm not suicidal at all getting it is tough because I made a decision on plan let your legs they don't think I'm getting rid of everything because I'm gonna kill myself not still want to Lil still need to Lil I got grandkids that I want to live for if nobody else don't worry I'm gonna kill myself.
Nene
nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2017 at 12:09am
No ces. Thank God. Life is horrible. Tonight I went out to eat at our favorite place. Chair broke and dumped me on the floor. I thought I was ok but developed severe pain top of my left hip bone. It is a 10 of 10. Needed ed. Spouse finally woke. My mom called him about 6 times to wake him. He came in the room as I was calling the restaurant to see if they would call 911 so I was not charged. Spouse was screaming M F this and MF that. screaming to get my a.. in the car he would take me. He woke my daughter who began screaming what the f have you done NOW for attention. I am so very hurt. He drove like a maniac and increased my pain slowed to 2 mph when I asked him to slow. Then screaming about tired he was I told him to go home. I didn't need more of this. he dumped me at ed door like a sack oh dog excrement.. the server at the restaurant came to take me home. My mom was ready to choke him. Made me give her his number. I think she may have chewed him a new a h. He was sleeping in the waiting area where n I was released. I considered just leaving with the server and leaving him to sleep but I am not that horrible.

I have h a d enough. I have never been treated like this. Please God. I have had enough. Come get me! Whatever I have done I am sorry! I can't kill myself but I can continue l I keep this. Please take me!!!!!
Nene
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2017 at 9:11am
Nene

You don't have to put up with this abuse. Call a crisis hotline (your hospital can direct you if you don't have a local number). You can be given safe shelter away from your husband and directed to the appropriate resources you need.

Everyone here wants the best for you. But staying in that situation needs to end and no one on line is equipped to handle these issues. You MUST seek the proper care and get help for your own safety and help both medical and physical.

nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2017 at 9:06pm
Thanks all. My heart was broken last night and I was despondent..hubby finally admitted to his actions and begged me to forgive him. We have been married 42.5. Years and nothing like this has ever happened. I think my daughter has pushed us over a ledge.

Se is moving out by the 15th so only 2 more weeks. I plan to isolate in my room. No I shouldn't have to but....... whatever keeps the peace..if that dose not work in. will have my son come get me and go to Nebraska.

My son knows his sister well, as does my dil. It's a shame but they decided not to have kids because of her. I am ok now. Hubby is going to get a list of psych providers on plan. I am really I have driven y'all nuts but I had no one to share this with. Thanks bro just listening.
Nene
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 10:01pm
Nene--

I'm confused so please let me understand better? You are moving? With or without husband? I'm glad he apologized to you.

You never need to apologize here because we understand that we all need to vent and if this helps you than we are glad. But we aren't equipped (nor is any on line site) to help anyone who has serious thoughts of suicide so we are relieved that you are not suicidal.

I may not be around the site for the next several days because of my own personal issues so please don't be upset if I don't have a chance to respond to you. Summer is so slow for most sites--- but hopefully some members will stop by and see your posts. All best wishes and hugs

nene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2017 at 3:47pm
Thanks Stevie. I just need to talk and this is all I can do. Hubby snaps at me or tells me for the ? ...Not sure how many time now to stay in my room, stay away from daughter.......

I am not moving, my daughter and her bunch are. I have 2 weeks left to deal with this. I am profoundly depressed..Can't start new meds before Friday as I don't have the money to get them.   Dear God let them work! I am hurting really bad and is much worse since my fall Friday. I am missing at least 15 Norco. I can't take enough to relieve the pain.

I believe my daughter took them to sell or to take them. I know she has taken them before. She says I probably took them but if I took them I would have had much less pain. I once had 90 pills stashed but they are gone too. I once kept the pills locked up. Since it was just me and hubby I stopped worrying. BUT my fire safe is now in my room and medication is locked up. I hid the key..no one will ever find it.

She likely sold them. She needed a bunch of money to move, but who knows. May be it was me. My doctor does not think it was me. I refuse to get an early refill with my disability hearing in just over a month away.

When I saw my pcp Friday she advised me to change my passwords to everything. I asked hubby to get my gun away from her. He has the key to it. If I was going to kill myself it would not with a gun! They did not take my insulin. That's likely would use BUT I will not kill myself.

Hubby told me not to talk about this online..so who knew I was talking on line?

I want to sit down with every here snobbish it out but hubby always says it's not a good day.   Ok. Thanks for listenin
Nene
 Post Reply Post Reply