Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Finally Refered to Pain management

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rocky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally Refered to Pain management
    Posted: Nov/13/2017 at 5:01pm
It took 3 months to get referred to pain management. They called today to tell me they do not accept Atena Insurance. WTH I can not deal with this pain. I have been trying to stay calm. Nobody in Florida wants to write pain med scripts or take control and do anything. Looks like a Tequila  kind of night.
2/13/08 two lvl fusion L-4 to S-1 w/Axilif and all the hardware to prove it.I now have severe chronic pain.
Down and out 16 weeks.But with the help of my spiney friends I am moving on with life. Left and right rotator cuff 2012 torn meniscus 2013
Another tear same knee, Now torn meniscus both knees 11/2013 As of 11/10 17 C3-C4 C6-C7 Posterior disc osteophyte complex with moderate central spinal stenosis and impingement on the anterior cervical spinal cord. there are uncovertebral changes and facet joint arthropathy with bilateral neural formina narrowning and mass effect on exiting right and left C4 and C7 nerve root
T12-L1right para-central disc protrusion abuts the the-cal sac
L1-l2 disc bulge abuts the the-cal sac. mild facet
L2-L3 spinal canal stenosis secondary to disc bulge and bilateral facet hypertrophy
L3-L4disc protrusion spinal canal stenosis disc spacers partially extend into the right extra-formation region and abuts the right L4 nerve root in the extra-formation region
L5- S1Disc bulge abuts the thecal sac bilateral facet hypertrophy The L5 nerve root exits with mild impingement.
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2017 at 11:04am
Okay I don't live in Florida but I think you can call Atena insurance and ask them which Drs and hospitals accept your insurance.I even did a search on Google and there were some Drs but not sure if they're still there or accuracy of the search.

I guess we're lucky in Canada well where I am to have good Pain Management hospitals but there's a big wait and unless your family Dr has to help with meds and physio referrals in the meantime. Keep us posted. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 12:02pm
I had issues my HMO could not address. I found pot,and it was great.
Pain clinic however would not prescribe pain meds if on pot. It was a pickel.
A political pickel.
Thankfully my long time primary doc saw the problem and helped me out.

I wish you luck in finding a good clinic.
Mine was a lifesaver.
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2017 at 3:10pm
The drug dealers who get narcotics illegally and the resulting DEA response as directed from capital hill to force pain patients to go without treatment is getting ridiculous.  I need more pain medication myself but my doctor won't go up because of the idiotic DEA guidelines that state a certain level cannot be crossed.  Never mind someone developing tolerance like me after 5 years straight of being on narcotics for excruciating severe pain from a condition that cannot be cured.  

Write your US Senators and Congressmen and tell them to pass laws that go after the real problem, and have the DEA back down on chronic pain patients.
Ankylosing spondylitis & osteoporosis -> compression fractures -> facet & ligamentum flavum hypertrophy-> stenosis -> spinal cord & nerve root compression -> cervical myelopathy & radiculopathy -> bruise & deformation of my spinal cord -> incomplete spinal cord injury -> postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region. Cervical laminectomy & fusion decompressed my cord but I now have severe chronic pain. Pain meds = Oxycontin, Percocet, Lyrica, Soma, Cymbalta, Voltaren Gel, & Ketamine pain cream. 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.
Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2017 at 12:51pm
I hear that Jeff!
We've just finished with the V.A.,now we start on them!
It's a bit overwhelming trying to maintain a low stress life
 Post Reply Post Reply