Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Terrible Migraine- Need Medical Marijuana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
susan eddy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susan eddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrible Migraine- Need Medical Marijuana
    Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 12:34am
Hi, I'm troubled by my heavy works. I'm having a severe headache due to the work pressure. I'm not getting time to eat or sleep properly. I'm sitting almost 24 hours in front of the laptops and I'm getting troubled with a terrible migraine. I used to painkillers for a temporary relief. When I discussed on this my friend told me about medical cannabis clinic in Ontario ( http://apollocannabis.ca/ )which provides the medical cannabis to treat migraines. When I googled on this I saw mixed reviews. I'm totally confused. Can anyone share your ideas about the medical cannabis and about its side effects?   
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2018 at 3:46am
Hi Susan,

Every person is different and will have differences in how they react to cannabis. In the same way one person can have great pain reduction from lyrica and another has no success. Cannabis can and does help many people with pain. But it does require some trial and error to find what works for your specific condition.

I was taking 135mg combined of oxycodone and oxycontin. I now use a combination of cannabis capsules, topicals, edibles and a vaporizer and zero oxy.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
susan eddy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susan eddy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 12:26am
Thank you so much, Bailey.. for sharing your knowledge with meSmile
Ritchelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritchelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2018 at 12:41am
I have a migraine for 2 days now and I feel that I have nausea because I vomit every time I stand and even when I'm eating. I am afraid that maybe this is not migraine so one of my friends told me to try marijuana as a medicine and I check this article http://https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/cannabis-as-medicine that this thing can be a medicine for our illnesses. I thought it is used only for tripping or if you want to feel high, but im wrong. So try to visit the site it could help you also learn more.
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2018 at 6:48pm
hi Susan, I get terrible migraine with aura and I take Rizatriptan(Maxalt) and instantly takes away the migraine. It's a prescription med.
There are also pain management centers at hospitals that have Botox and other means of getting rid of migraines. Need referral from your Family Dr.

I have tried vaping medical cannibas without and with THC but terrible sore throat and headache side effects and sore throat for me as it's smoking still and irritates my throat. Haven't tried the oil because of headache it gives me but
I have heard a lot of success with some members here but also you have to take it in consideration if you work with machinery or drive or be a care giver that it can affect your performance like with any drug. I can't work taking medications.

Welcome and  hope you get some pain relief soon. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2018 at 12:14am

I am sorry, I can't tell you much about Canabis, as I get headaches from it. But, some people swear by it, as you can see in this forum. I would suggest to talk to your doctor and see what he things about it.

You could also try to find out what is causing the headaches. I used to suffer with chronic migraines for years, until I found out they were caused by a medicine I was taking. After I started to keep diary of everything I consumed, I also found that certain foods would trigger them, as would various other medicines besides the one I found out about at first.

Now that I am aware of these things, I am able to avoid them as possible, and have been migraine free for a long time. I still get headaches now and then, but those are just common ones you get out of stress and things like that, but they don't last for months as the other ones used to.

While I was having my migraines, I found medications like Imitrex worked pretty good, but only the brand name, the generic type would not work for me at all. Tegretol or Topomax also helped quite a bit. A mixture of Arnica lotion and lavender essential oil rubbed on the forehead, neck and behind the ears provided a very soothing relief. (For essential oils, I always use Young Living, to me they seem to be the one with 100% of the ingredients they claim to contain, and are not watered down as are others less expensive)

I hope you find something that helps. Headaches can be a horrible thing. they can make it very difficult to do anything.
Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
COPD
Hypertension
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress