Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

More Bad News for CP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Bad News for CP
    Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 5:44am
Use when you think it can’t get worse. This will not help those suffering and needing medications.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/opioids-prescription-pain-1.4564201
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 10:14am
I read this this morning when I woke up. First thing to cross my mind was the failure to mention long term side effects of NSAIDS , Tylenol and Aspirin. CP isn’t short term.

It’s way past time for research to be done on effective and safe medications for pain that are safe long term. Enough already and shame on articles like this.

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 11:51pm
I wish them all eternal pain.
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014-2018

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 5:57am
The numbers of deaths keep rising because like normal (gun control, etc.) the government tries band aid solutions that appear good in the press on an emotional level, but fail to address the real cause.  Apparently the number of junkies isn't rising according to the CDC, its the lethality of the street drugs like fentanyl with supped up additives or higher concentrations than are ever prescribed that are then injected intramuscularly or interveniously and then cause a sudden peak plasma level that kills the dummies messing around with it.  So the government, failing to stop the illegal drug trade, instead attacks the big pharmaceutical companies and doctors who prescribe them for legitimate pain patients, and use the media as a weapon to appeal to voters and get approval for their actions that cause pain and suffering on the scale of Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin, while selling that as a gallant solution worthy of praise from the Pope or Jesus himself, but all the while, since it isn't addressing the real problem, the true issue metastasizes and continues to worsen.  Thus, those legitimately taking medicine designed for their condition are forced to either commit suicide, become alcoholics and die from cirrhosis, or take up "medical marijuana" which the government also formerly vilified during the 1960s but now is approving because it wins elections.  So, in effect, by faking a solution and funding lots of worthless actions, it instead takes away the true law enforcement actions to seek out and arrest those selling the super dose narcotics and the street sellers and addicts who perpetuate the cycle, yet by the media campaign of celebrated crack downs on the "evil pharmacy industry trying to get rich", those of us suffering in real pain are thrown out the front door with cruelty tantamount to torture.  All involved should be ashamed of themselves, removed from office, and inflicted with a condition that makes them suffer as we suffer.  But once one of their loved ones suffers from a lethal cancer, and dies in excruciating pain due to not having pain medication and then its too late to realize they themselves just crucified their own wife, daughter, or mother, when its too late come to grips with the futility of their former ignorant, wreckless, and inhumane, yet propagated solutions that only served to torture those who they never really intended to harm.
Ankylosing spondylitis resulting in fusion of entire cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and SI joints, osteoporosis, 5 compression fractures, severe stenosis of spinal cord & nerve root compression, cervical myelopathy, radiculopathy, bruise & permanent deformation of spinal cord, incomplete spinal cord injury, postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region, chronic nerve and orthopedic severe pain, and bilateral carpal tunnel. Asthma, GERD, high blood pressure, high tryglycrides, diverticulosis, recurrent pneumonia, anemia, hypertension, chronic dry eye and mouth. Need hip & knee replacement and fusion of both feet. Already had 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2018 at 8:19am
I have a foot long scar on my stomach because of my long term use of Advil. The ulcers caused by this over the counter pain reliever have destroyed my digestive system for life. 
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2018 at 10:08pm
I disagree with this report.
Whenever I have had joint surgery I have been given opioids.

I would like to see a study done with different drugs and their long term use and the effects on our bodies.

I know my liver enzyme readings are a tad high. I know it is from my medications.
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:25am
Its a fabrication of lies written by people who have never had chronic pain nor have been prescribed pain meds.  They have no clue as to what garbage they right.

The problem is organized crime selling highly boosted fentanyl in powder or pill form that is snorted to get stoned, and then the kids doing it for recreational reasons overdose.  That is 99% of the problem, but since the government can't do much to stop organized crime (they can't even stop a 19 year old from massacring a school full of high school students even when that person says he is going to do it on social media and adults complain to the FBI) so they target us helpless individuals who are powerless to fight back so that the general public feels good about doing something, whether that somethings is useless or not. The death rates are soaring from illegal narcotics use despite the crackdown on innocent pain victims because they are fixing the wrong problem, and making people suffer in the process.
Ankylosing spondylitis resulting in fusion of entire cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and SI joints, osteoporosis, 5 compression fractures, severe stenosis of spinal cord & nerve root compression, cervical myelopathy, radiculopathy, bruise & permanent deformation of spinal cord, incomplete spinal cord injury, postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region, chronic nerve and orthopedic severe pain, and bilateral carpal tunnel. Asthma, GERD, high blood pressure, high tryglycrides, diverticulosis, recurrent pneumonia, anemia, hypertension, chronic dry eye and mouth. Need hip & knee replacement and fusion of both feet. Already had 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:33am
What a bunch of crack! No pun intended. Without my morphine I would be worthless, I would not be able to live the pain. I tried so many times, and as much as I hate taking this medication, I always had to get back to it in order to live a more or less normal life.

I never wish my pain on anyone, buy when I hear things like this, sometimes I wish the people that comes up with these ideas would experience my pain for a a couple of weeks straight. Then lets see how they would feel about opioids.

Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
COPD
Hypertension
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress
Chronic depression and insomnia
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2018 at 7:48pm
Well a lot of money got spent on pain research so I hope they use it wisely and invent some meds that offer just as much pain relief without all the opiate side effects and safe so idiots can't misuse the meds to get high like they are doing now with black market su-fentanyl, which is normally used only for major surgery and given only during the time you are out.  So it is not intended for use outside the OR, yet junkees in the street somehow get it and of course die from taking it because unlike meds from the pharmacy, there is no regulation of street drugs, so no telling what dose you are getting, or if its mixed with other drugs to make you even more stoned, but ultimately is more lethal.  That is the biggest problem, not some 70 year old taking oxycontin for 10 years.

Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2018 at 7:51pm
I will say the last round of pain meds they came up with, tramadol and nucynta, where near worthless.  Tramadol did zero for my pain, so I might as well eat carrots for pain relief.  Nucynta made me so drunk I couldn't function, even to the point of paralysis at times, yet I still felt the pain just as intense.  I hated it because I don't like being drunk and I want real pain relief.  Nothing is worse than being paralyzed (not able to move) and yet you still have severe pain.  Both were supposed to relieve pain without causing euphoria, but in my experience, it did the opposite, making me feel like I had drunk a fifth of vodka without getting me the pain relief I got from aspirin (nearly zero).

n2braves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2braves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2018 at 3:39am
Someone was speaking of this same thing in another forum I like to go to.  They are  targeting the pain patients who are doing the right things by seeing their doctor regularly and only using drugs prescribed for their condition.

While I feel absolutely terrible for anyone who loses a family member, where is personal responsibility??

Regardless as to where the person who OD's gets the drugs, they know that putting that drug in their mouth and swallowing is absolutely wrong and could cause harm to them.  That is where personal responsibility comes in and no one else in my opinion is to blame for their bad decisions but themselves.  Not to mention that as we have seen in other situations, if someone really wants to break the law, they will find a way to do so whether it be drugs, guns or something else.

They just have to stop holding us responsible for something we can never control.

Well, that's my 2 cents as unpopular as it may be.

Cindy

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2018 at 9:26am
Cindy—-

Well said. Thank you.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
n2braves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2braves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2018 at 12:05am
Thank you Stevie and I sure hope you are doing well.  I am praying that things turns around and fast.  This is so unfair and if you had told me 10 years ago that we would be in this situation, I don't think I would have believed it.  Please update on how you are doing.

Cindy

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2018 at 3:20pm
For me, when I have used opiates, my own body works itself down in needing them. I usually will take a different medication then to help with swelling and pain.

There is a difference in depending on a drug and being addicted to a drug.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2018 at 3:53pm
I’m going to do an update on my month of withdrawal and side effects.

I’m completely off opioids. I have NO desire to be on any narcotics for a long term basis ever again. The honest truth is that my pain levels haven’t changed at all. I did go on Gabapentin during the weaning off process and I plan on staying on it as much of the pain I suffer with throughout my spine is muscle and nerve related.

One thing I do need to mention for anyone on Baclofen which I’ve been taking for years is to never stop this drug cold turkey. I inadvertently forgot to take it for almost a week and by yesterday was really sick. It MUST be weaned down and I have started it again.

I’m writing this so that anyone who has “had it” with the stress of worrying about the future of where the war on opioids is going, and wants to attempt getting off can try it. I’m living in a State where MMJ is legal, and that too has been and will continue to be a source of pain relief. But, in my case, and others I’ve spoken with, the opioids truly weren’t effective and I don’t miss them. I’m not saying that this is possible for everyone because that is completely unrealistic.

We need and deserve to have safe and effective medications for chronic pain. It’s past time for research and development for this. I know that I’ve gone off topic here from why this thread was started, but this is too important not to try to help one another.

Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 12:15am
Congratulations Stevie. That took a lot of strength and courage. It is a goal that I too hope someday achieve, thought I still can't bring myself to get involved with MMJ. A friend of mine is a spoke person for some CBD Oil, which is supposed to be something different than straight MMJ. She has been trying to educate me on its medicinal benefits, but I don't know. But I wish you good luck, and hope you won't be in too much discomfort without the help from the Opioid.
Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
COPD
Hypertension
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress
Chronic depression and insomnia
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 5:50am
Goal accomplished, good for you Stevie.

It’s wrong that we’re being put in this position, but doesn’t it feel good not to worry about the next prescription. I was terrified of withdrawals and huge pain increases when I thought about stopping the oxy, 90mgCR and 45mgIR daily. But it just didn’t happen. There was some mild discomfort, but nothing like I was expecting.

I think choosing to slowly wean myself from the oxy, made a huge difference. The constant fear of somebody else taking it away, was worse than the experience of stopping. The stigma I felt, for following my specialists directions and taking my medications exactly as prescribed, was taking a serious toll on my already precarious mental health.

I still have pain, I always will. But I no longer have to deal with the stigma of taking opioids, or the fear every month of being unable to take them because of new rules.

What’s happening to chronic pain patients using doctor prescribed medications is wrong. But unfortunately it is still happening. I’m sorry for everyone dealing with the fallout from the Opioid epidemic. I am incredibly grateful I no longer have to worry about refilling that prescription every month.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 11:37am
Great going Stevie. Like you, I am sick of all the stress about opioids. Hows this for bad. Walmart, Walgreens, and Rite Aid pharmacies are now using oxycodone from a company called Cambers. The product they produce is cheap. The company was in India and has moved to the US. I got my first prescription 6 weeks ago and have been suffering ever since with stomach aches and nausea. If any of you are now taking an oxycodone that has a yellow coating on one side, thats the product. I am not alone in my complaints, there have been many such as stomach issues, making you spacey and forgetful, and not working at all. 
Stevie, how did you go about getting off narcotics. I currently take 4 oxycodone 10mg/325 a day. I also use a 50mg fentenayl patch which is changed every 72 hours. How should I go about weaning myself off so much?
Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 8:13pm
I’m so sorry for anyone and everyone going through this. WE are the victims. WE didn’t ask to be put on opioids. But the options are just not there.

Dick—I was on approximately 50 mg of Oxycodone a day. I say approximately because there were the “easy” days when I could take less. Hard days and nights when I needed more.

I went off too quickly. Period. I used the 5 , 10mg doses as a “normal “. I went down by one 10mg dose a day for the first week. The real problem came trying to get rid of that last pill. It was torture. I did go to 5mg/day for about a week before I quit almost 2 weeks ago. But I honestly still feel like crap. I have horrible problems sleeping despite Ambien. I’m having days with ongoing headaches and diarrhea. My mind knows that something is missing (receptors haven’t recovered) I’m assuming, despite NO desire for this drug.

What I did was to restart Gabapentin at a low dose to help with the pain which has honestly helped. Also, continue with Baclofen three times a day. My Naturopathic physician who I see once a year for my MMJ license suggested high doses of a very high quality Vit B supplement and told me that symptoms can last for months. I’m very sensitive to MMJ, so I have to microdose small amounts of edibles throughout the day.

I’m worried about an upcoming cross country trip without meds. I’m very upset that I was put on opioids for many years without recourse to any other drug I can travel with.

The choice to stop is not easy. Stopping is even worse. But for right now it’s truly a day at a time and hoping that when I see my Internist in a few days she will offer further something to help.

Please. Anyone out there reading this—-if you’ve gone through a rough withdrawal process from being physically dependent please help with any suggestions.

Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 11:40pm
Years ago when I was on a much higher dose of Oxycontin than I take now, which at the time was 80 mg CR x 2 a day plus 5 mg IR x 2 a day for a total of 170 mg/day.  I tried to quit cold turkey and ended up in the ER with BP of 180 / 120 with pulse rate of nearly 200, so backed off and tapered down over 4 weeks to zero where I held for over 10 years, but since my spinal cord damage, plus damage to hip, knees, and feet, I'm back up to around half of the oxycodone I took before and they won't give me more.  Unlike 20 years ago when I got off it, when I could tell it didn't matter much as I got off, now if I miss my medicine by more than a couple of hours the pain is brutal.  I've been on or off pain medicine for 40 years and have never once had a situation where I ran out earlier, and I just had some new type of blind to the fact psychiatric assessment where the calculated my risk of opiate addiction / abuse and my risk was a flat out zero percent.  

n2braves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2braves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2018 at 5:46pm
I am so happy for you Stevie!  How free you must feel not having to worry about that next prescription all the time.  I tapered off all meds about 5 years ago and it was a wonderful feeling but the pain was ridiculous.  Way worse than I had even remembered it to be.  I lasted a few months but the pain and lack of sleep just got to me.  You are an inspiration though!  I feel like in the near future I will try again.  Who knows, maybe I am in a different place pain wise and could find a different solution.  I swear, if and when this state allows MMJ use, I will be one of the first people in line!  I will pray that you will start feeling more like your old self really soon. 

Cindy

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2018 at 4:45am
This is an important discussion and I don’t want to cause any confusion so I won’t make any changes to the thread. I have started a new thread under Pain Management with a title that reflects the topic and also put my reply to Dick there.

http://chronicpainsite.com/mb/forum_posts.asp?TID=17334&title=reducing-or-stopping-opioids

Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2018 at 4:46am
Hi Dick,

I’m really sorry that you’re even considering stopping/reducing your meds. I know how difficult finding some QOL is when dealing with the kind of pain you have. And how anything that provides even a little relief from that pain is worth a million bucks. But I also understand the pressures and stigma anyone on opioids is being forced to deal with.

I was able to stop the oxy I was taking over approx 6 months. I made the decision and told my doc I wanted to decrease my doseage. I asked for my script to change from 1-30mg tablet, 3 times a day, to 3-10mg tablets. That allowed me to stop taking 10 mg at a time. Once I had been at a reduced doseage for a month, I would ask him to reduce the script. That allowed me to always feel in control of the amount and speed I was reducing.

I did the same thing with the IR Oxy. I was allowed 15mg, 3 times a day. I decreased the dose by 5mg at a time as I was able.

I think that patches are probably harder to come off of because they only come in a couple of strengths. Reducing as slowly as I did, I suffered very few side effects or withdrawals. Getting rid of the last doses was the hardest, but still nothing like what I had feared and expected. I don’t know if switching to a different pain med first might make it a little bit easier. I know my gp offered me suboxone when I told him what I was planning. I’m not sure if that could help or not.

I’ll also note that I did this as the war against opioids was in it’s infancy. My pain specialist never asked me to decrease and assured me if I needed my prescription changed back to the higher doseage, he would have no problem doing so. I don’t know if you can get that promise now.

Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2018 at 12:07pm
Hi Dick. I still have a 50 fentanyl patch and take 3 - 5/325 Percs a day. I tried to take less than I can't get in the shower or do anything, It must be difficult being a caregiver. I hope you get some help in the home for seniors and disabled by the Government to help. 

In Ontario we can call 211 and get an assessment from a Social Worker(Not for Ontario Works benefits) but for anyone who may need homecare. My Mom friend with a disability and a Senior gets 2 hours of cleaning a week but it helps.
I don't know how it works in our State but hope you get some help.
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left leg and foot. all lumbar discs now herniated one central herniation with exiting nerve contact.Facet joint Hypertrophy RFA for pain relief
Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2018 at 8:32pm
I need some contacts for DC.  I'm ready to hire an attorney and sue the government for inhumane treatment of pain victims and start a class action lawsuit.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 8:45am
PM Eileen. She’s the most knowledgeable member we have working for us on the Hill.

PADoxieLVR View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PADoxieLVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 3:02pm
Hi everyone. I've been gone a long time. This thing here has my goat up. I was weaned down as my Pain mgt Nurse pract. thought that I only need 3, 5mg a day. She first just switched me over to Nuycenta and put me into withdrawal. I spent a horrible weekend. My stimulator works well, but I was doing good with that and 4 10/325 Percocet a day, but they don't like that. So we ended up compromising on 3, 7.5 a day. One of my leads had slipped (never happens after a year) but it happened to me, and my relief slipped as well. I want off these drugs as I don't want the stigma or the chance of withdrawal anymore. She was constantly urine testing me as I kept coming up positive for morphine. I never took it and didn't have any to take. I researched it and there can be a false positive for Morphine if you have either kidney or liver problems. I am Hep C positive so I went to my Gastro liver Dr and he did blood work and and an Ultra sound and found my common duct was dilated. I had an appt. for a CT scan and she tested me again, guess what still positive as she well knew it would be and she is weaning me off. I'm sick and tired of her anyway and PA has Med MJ which I want, but the CT showed my pancreas duct is also enlarged. I go next week to see my Gastro and get an appt. with his colleague who will do an endoscopic ultra sound on my pancreas. Before you ask no MRI for me due to the spinal cord stimulator. It is a very good chance I have pancreatic cancer. I feel like calling the bitch up and telling her off and letting her know the oncologist will be giving me better drugs then her. She actually did me a favor but it's the treatment of pain patients that has my panties in a bunch.
Just watch it will go back to the old days where cancer pts. are next.
Chiari Malformation, tethered cord, surgery for that & lumbar lamenectomy.DDD, herniated discs arthritis, archnoiditis,to name a few. I should be disabled but run a business.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 7:25pm
Doxie—-

I don’t even know what to say to you except that I’m beyond sorry that you are dealing with this. I’m hoping that your GI Dr finds the root cause of what’s going on. Please keep us posted and thank you for your post. We need to hear stories like yours that can be read here by those “people “ who are making life miserable for so many people living with and dealing with CP and worse.

Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2018 at 2:36am
Join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/982163208603921/permalink/1034220450064863/?comment_id=1034383506715224

Post Reply Post Reply