With Us Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
With Us 
  FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      
--------- Foundation, Inc
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

Member Control Panel
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Post Reply Post Reply
Mopar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cortizone
    Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 10:42am
Can a deep cortisone shot help with nerve pain caused by a bulging disk?
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 7:15pm
Sometimes. For a limited period of time. And repeated injections can cause serious problems as you can find by doing a “search” here on the site. We have so much information about steroid injections in many of the forums here.

Please donate to help continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:48am
I recently tried cortisone shots for the second time. The first time, I had two concurrent injections in the cervical area which did no give any relief at all.

After my pain extended all the way to the lumbar area, my doctor recommended I try ESI again, He said that sometimes they work better down in that area. Afraid to loose my pain medication for non-compliance I agreed to do it.

The doctor I see for the shots is well know for his expertise, so I knew I was in good hands. The first shot helped immensley, I was so happy, I even danced a little around the house while cleaning. The relief lasted only a month, and then I was back in the same situation.

My regular doctor said sometimes a second injection will really do the job. I went again to the pain doctor for the second shot. (I was supposed to get 3 altogether). After that second one, I felt better, but not as much as the first time. Then after 3 weeks the relief was all gone. I called the pain doctor and told him how it was going, and to see if he still wanted to go with the third shot. He said, that it looked like this was not going to work, and it was better to forget about it.

That is my ESI story. This shots can be harmful to your body, and it dosen't seem worth it to me to mess with them for just a little or no relief at all.
Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress
Chronic depression and insomnia
 Post Reply Post Reply