ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Effective September 1, the ChronicPainSite.com will be closing it's doors.
We've had a good 10 year run and have helped many people.
We will keep the info up for reference and to help people who stop by, but no posting will be possible.

Bye and Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bluegill View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bluegill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bye and Thanks
    Posted: Aug/17/2018 at 5:26pm
Stevie, 

thanks for all the work you've done here in the past 10 years.  And thanks to others who may have helped with the maintenance of this board, and thanks to all who posted here.  I feel like I benefited a lot from the information here, but I contributed very little.  Many times I just posted here to vent frustrations, and often I would disappear and post nothing for weeks at a time.

The biggest comfort I got from this site was knowing that I'm not alone with my pain, that many people are coping with more pain than I have, and that people care.

Steven ("Bluegill")
In head-on car crash in 2006. Smashed kneecaps, broken hip, head injury,and other fractures. Daily knee pain (just a 2 or 3 or 4 on a scale from 1-10, so I feel like a wimp). Can't jog, walk long distances or stand for a long period of time. Surgery to remove bone growth on pelvis (2017). Ongoing hip pain, possibly trochanteric bursitis.
Bailey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 8:06am
Hi Blue,

You contributed much to the site. Your posts were full of humour and always made me smile.I learned the same things you did and will be forever grateful,

I wasn’t alone, people dealt with more pain and people cared.

Wishing you a low pain future Steven, aka Bluegill.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 11:53am
Dear Blue

I’m so grateful for your kind md words. I do need to let everyone reading this that John designed this site, and ran it for the entire 10 years and never received a dime for any of his hard work. I’m technically challenged so all I could offer was my medical experience.

Bailey is our Secretary and she, along with Dick and Tammie and Jeff and Quaver and Edie have been our Support team and were truly needed back when we were so busy. Again, they never received any monetary compensation.

But it was members like you who brought so much happiness here. I can’t thank you enough for your stories and hope that you will never give up your true ability and talents to write.

We all are so proud of what we were able to accomplish over the years before the internet offered more information than any of us need!!! This place was hopefully a soft safe landing place for many who didn’t know where to turn.

Time moves on and we need to move with it. It’s been a true labor of love. Thank you all for your contributions over the years.   

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
tkay View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 4:14pm
Will Chronic Pain Site still be on Facebook?
I thought of that the other day.

Bluegill you have made contributions to this site. Yes you came here to vent. Maybe others who will read what you've said will learn from your struggles.

Being here I certainly learned I am not alone.
I received SO much support!

eileenbunny View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014-2016

Post Options Post Options   Quote eileenbunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 10:15pm
I second this sentiment. This place helped me through a very dark time and then I got incredibly busy and was unable to be around and give back as much as I would have liked. Thank you so much to those that run this board. Will there be a Facebook where we can all still check in? Should we make one?
Chronic daily headache without real designation resulting from severe meningitis

Non-hodkins lymphoma survivor since 2003
Ruptured disk at C5-C6
Inferior alveolar nerve damage
Depression, PTSD with dissociative tendencies
I also have some yet to be diagnosed immune deficiency that is causing fatigue and severe joint pain.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2018 at 2:11pm
Thank you so much Tammie and Eileen. You two can’t even begin to know what it’s meant to me to know you. This site would not be the place it was without you both. You shared your families and your lives with us. Eileen—-I will never forget reading your very first post—I was not home and had sat down to rest my back and check on the site. You were so incredibly frightened—-newly pregnant and so sick, a cancer survivor and in such pain with headaches. But you went on to have two beautiful children and share them with us. Tammie—you’ve not only been an inspiration to me personally, but have helped us continue to run the site as long as we could.

There won’t be a FB site. Due to personal and family issues the time constraints are not going to work any longer. There are also many pages on FB dealing with pain and one of the reasons for lack of interest in our site.

Time moves forward and so do we. It’s time for us (John and I as I can only speak for us) to now concentrate on our own health issues along with those of family.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being the wonderful people you are. Stevie

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Jeff View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2018 at 9:58pm
What would it take to keep the page up and running?  Would you be willing to keep it alive if another pain organization wanted to buy it?
Ankylosing spondylitis resulting in fusion of entire cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and SI joints, osteoporosis, 5 compression fractures, severe stenosis of spinal cord & nerve root compression, cervical myelopathy, radiculopathy, bruise & permanent deformation of spinal cord, incomplete spinal cord injury, postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region, chronic nerve and orthopedic severe pain, and bilateral carpal tunnel. Asthma, GERD, high blood pressure, high tryglycrides, diverticulosis, recurrent pneumonia, anemia, hypertension, chronic dry eye and mouth. Need hip & knee replacement and fusion of both feet. Already had 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2018 at 12:03pm
Jeff—John did a response in the Support Forum. It’s very complicated to sell a site. Our domain name alone is worth quite a bit. We also would never sell the site with our members personal information. So there’s much to be considered.

The FB page alone is actually useless as it was always just a way to direct people to this site. We never attempted to make the FB page into a “site”. I’ve always been extremely careful with anything posted there due to privacy issues. Our site is under our control and we thank heavens have been able to keep our members as safe as possible where the internet is concerned.

It’s a huge and expensive effort to put a site like this together. It took John and me a year and thousands of personal funds. It was truly a labor of love and I wish anyone attempting this all the best.

Post Reply Post Reply