Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Cory's Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
Author
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2017 at 8:47pm
Hi Cory.
I am sorry to hear your mom has cancer of the ovaries.

Keep up the good work in quitting smoking.
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2017 at 12:44pm
I have some more bad nes, i have a annular fissure, i will have to have surgury to repair it. the pain has been real bad.It feels like i am having stabbing pain in my bottom....
Moderate disc protrusion at L-5 S-1 midly indenting the vertral surface of the thecal sac andcontacting both S1 nerves , meds Vicadin 10mg    neurotin 1200mg ..robaxin 7.5mg ,nortriplyne 100mg ....
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 2:17am
Hi Cory, I hope the surgery goes well. I know its awful pain with that stabbing pain in the butt. take care. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 4:33am
Hi Cory,

So sorry you have more problems. I hope they can help you quickly. If you can get your hands on a good cannabis topical, it may help. I have sciatica with pain down my but and legs and using a topical on my lower back, but and leg can make a significant improvement.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 11:07am
Hi Cory,

I'm hoping that the surgery can be done quickly and provide relief from this painful condition. Please keep us posted. Hugs

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 1:39pm
Hi there Cory. I hope your surgery gives you good results so you are relieved from the pain you are in.
Hope to hear from you soon.
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 11:33am
Thnx everyone the fissure did heal on its own,.so i didnt have to have a surgury. I had a tragic event happen on wenesday, my oldest sister committed suicide. My family has been upset... She had been Depressed for a number of years.
Moderate disc protrusion at L-5 S-1 midly indenting the vertral surface of the thecal sac andcontacting both S1 nerves , meds Vicadin 10mg    neurotin 1200mg ..robaxin 7.5mg ,nortriplyne 100mg ....
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 12:42pm
So sorry to hear about your sister Cory. I pray you and your family will find strength through this tragedy. SaraBroken Heart
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 1:19pm
My condolences Cory.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 4:36pm
Cory---

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Depression is a terrible disease. Please accept my condolences. Hugs to you. Stevie

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2017 at 3:20pm
Thnx everyone, she was the sister who reported me 2 times and said i was abusing my parents. That really hurt me at that time,,she also told her family i was retarted. She did say she was very sorry for hurting me so i forgave her. I was so glad i did forgive her. Sometimes forgivng a person is a hard thing to do, but it is always the right thing to do........I did have a much better relationship with her after that. Dont forget to tell your loved ones that you love them.....And hug your pets......
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2017 at 6:08pm
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2017 at 3:58pm
Hope you're doing well Cory. I know it affects all of the family when there's a suicide or traumatic even in the family. Take care. Sara
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2017 at 8:17pm
Cory

You are such a loving person. I'm sure glad that we met---I'm sure that your sister was comforted by your forgiveness. Sending you hugs.

dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2017 at 7:48am
Sorry for your loss Cory. I'm glad you gave forgiveness before your loss.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2017 at 5:26pm
I lost my Mother about a week ago she had Breast Cancer, and had a hip surgery.She was 78.   
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2017 at 9:10pm
Condolences Cory. hugs. If you need help there are groups to help you like grieving groups or distress lines if you need help. I know you loved your Mom and always helped her when you lived at home and she knows what you did for her and how you looked after her. No matter what age it's a tough time. I always say to my Nan who raised me and went on that I knew she was pulling strings for me now that she has moved on to glory. 

Thanks for referring me to this group when I needed help a few years ago. I don't visit so often now that I'm stable but was nice you invited me and our Late Dear Pete. Lots of helpful memories here. You look after yourself. Sara
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2017 at 11:31pm
Hi Cory, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. This very sad. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs!!
Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
COPD
Hypertension
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress
Chronic depression and insomnia
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2017 at 4:19am
Deepest condolences Corey.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2017 at 8:42am
So sorry for your loss Corey.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2017 at 9:50am
I’m so sorry Cory. I lost my Mom last month. It’s a very sad time for all of us who have just lost someone so close to us. Christmas will be tough this year.

I’m sending you love and hugs. Stevie

Jeff View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 4:24am
So sorry for both your losses, Cory and Stevie. You both will be in my prayers at Christmas.
Ankylosing spondylitis & osteoporosis -> compression fractures -> facet & ligamentum flavum hypertrophy-> stenosis -> spinal cord & nerve root compression -> cervical myelopathy & radiculopathy -> bruise & deformation of my spinal cord -> incomplete spinal cord injury -> postlaminectomy syndrome of cervical region. Cervical laminectomy & fusion decompressed my cord but I now have severe chronic pain. Pain meds = Oxycontin, Percocet, Lyrica, Soma, Cymbalta, Voltaren Gel, & Ketamine pain cream. 11 surgeries including 5 orthopedic & 1 neurosurgery.

bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2017 at 12:53pm
Thnx everyone, sorry for your loss of you mother Stevie... i Will be playing the piano at my mom's Funeral Service on Saturday. I have never played in public before,i will play How Great Thou Art....
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2017 at 6:36pm
You’ll do a great job Cory. What a wonderful tribute to your Mom.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 1:07pm
Sounds beautiful! I am sure your mother will love it.

Chronic pain throughout the spine caused by osteoarthritis (DDD). Started at neck, spread to thoracic, and lately to lumbar area. Most of my spine is affected by bulges, disc height loss and dehydration, bone spurs, annular tears, foraminal stenosis, probable nerve impingement, and degeneration at end plates and facets.

The disease extends from Cervical C2-3 to C7-T1. Thoracic T4 to T10.
Lumbar T12-L1 to L5-S1.
It is all non operable.

Other conditions
TKR R Knee.
Torn ACL, MCL L knee,
Pain on legs and calves
Deep vein thrombosis
Migraine headaches
Painful spots all over scalp
COPD
Hypertension
Chronic Hyperventilation. Caused by anxiety or stress
Chronic depression and insomnia
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2017 at 12:13am
Thnx, I was able to play the piano at my mom's service. i am shy so it was hard to play in front of that many people, but i did a great job,and i was glad it went good. My hands were shaking though....I had 22 surgury's on my ears from the age of 2 to 12 years of age. My mother was there for every surgury i went through as a child........
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2017 at 6:52am
You are a wonderful testament to your Mother’s love Corey. I’m sure she heard your tribute.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
bigcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2017 at 5:53pm
Thnx Bailey.... Merry Christmas everyone.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2017 at 3:06am
And to you too Corey. I hope 2018 brings all good things your way.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 3:53pm
Hugs Corey, I bet you did a beautiful job playing the piano for your mom.
I a sorry for your loss.

Stevie, I am sorry to hear about your mother.

Holidays are harder when the people we love are no longer with us to celebrate holidays with us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930