ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Homepage

DONATION DRIVE
We REALLY need your help!!
We need $1,070 by the end of the year for Server costs.
Remember, this is Tax Deductable.

More information on the Donate page.
  FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Amazon Store
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

360 DEGREE MULTI LEVEL FUSION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360 DEGREE MULTI LEVEL FUSION
    Posted: May/30/2010 at 12:34am
hi all
i am waiting for a 360 multi level fusion .anyone here had one and how are you now .did you have to have a discography and how did that go .i believe that they are painful
STRAKER
Sponsored Links

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 1:16am
Straker,

Many of our members have had 360 multi level fusions done.

What is your background, and why are you having this done?  Are you having  nerve pain that has gone on for an extended period of time?

I have had two lumbar fusions done that were completely successful, but they were done posteriorly, and only one level at a time.  I have never had a discogram, and do understand that they can be uncomfortable as they are trying to recreate the pain to be certain that the discs involved ARE the right ones prior to surgery.

In the Medical Information and More Forum there is a topic called "Diagnostic Procedures" that you may want to look at.

Let us know a bit more about what you have been going through, and what type of surgeon is recommending this procedure.

Thanks, and it is nice to have you here.  Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 7:13am
Hi Stevie
let me give you my PMH .one fine day back in 1996 i was driving my van home from work when the vehicle in front of me stopped suddenly .i managed to stop but the vehicle behind me was not so lucky and slammed into me at around 60MPH as  a result of this collision i was taken to hospital where a L4/L5 laminectomy was performed {as well as other minor things done} after this operation i was relatively pain free and could do most things .but as the years rolled on {we are now at 2007} my health deteriorated and i was having more and more leg and back pain and found myself spending most of my life on my recliner .this got so bad that one morning when i got out of bed i collapsed and could not get up ..the paramedics were called and yet more surgery was required .this time it was  S1 discectomy and a redo of the original operation ..unfortunately since the last operation i have gone down hill i have been on a variety of medications including tylex /pre gabalin {lyrica} and gabapentin and now i am on oxycontin extended release with oxynorm for BT pain .i am still in pain all the time and unable to do much for myself .i also have TOS that's thoracic outlet syndrome ,my pain is in my back and its appalling i do have some right leg pain but that is nothing compared to the back ache it is enough to make you scream with pain and i have cried more times than i care to remember .i have had many procedures on my back and we have tried all the conservative measures to control pain i have the acticare unit {this is a high end TENS and external spinal cord stimulator} i have to come of the gabapentin type drugs as the made me retain fluid and i also gained weight about 3 stone !! .life has been very hard since the last operation i have a wonderful doctor and he has tried everything to help me but now we are at the end stage of treatment and this operation is the last stop .the surgeon was horrified at the level of surgical damage to my spine and in a letter to my doctor says {this poor man i don't know how he can even walk etc blar blar blar !!} anyway i have been told by the surgeon {and by the way 3 other surgeons refused to do any more work on my spine} that i would be in theater for about 7/9 hours and recovery would be 3 years ..that gives you some idea of how bad things are for me .i hope i have furnished you with enough information i cant give you any more until i see him next month
STRAKER
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 10:10am
Straker,

I do understand what you are telling me.

Without seeing an MRI, I am going to conclude that what has happened to you following the procedures on S1 and L4-5, is that the discs have degenerated, and that you also have stenosis at these levels causing impingement on the nerve roots.  There is probably much more than that happening, but that would be enough in and of itself to cause you this awful pain.

I also had a very bad herniation at L5-S1 and had a laminectomy/discetomy which relieved the sciatica and radiculopathy, but left me with no disc space and incredibly bad back pain.  It did take a fusion to fix it (and it did work).  20 years later, I needed to have L4-5 fused and again it did work.

You are at the point now where you have few options (if any) left.  Surgery is always a last resort, but if I were you, I would be doing the same thing.

Are you going to be fused from L4-S1?  Have you asked if they can do this posteriorly only, and not 360?

Once again, I am glad that you are here, and other members will be along to offer support.

As we have many members from the UK, I have some understanding of your needing to be on a list and wait for the surgery which is most difficult.  I do hope that you can be scheduled as soon as possible.  Best wishes, Stevie

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 10:43am
Nice to meet you Straker, too bad its under these circumstances. A bar or pub would have been a better place. I had a 360 fusion, a 5 level one for all my lumbar area, in April of 2007. Your doctor is an honest man telling you recovery will take 3 years. Most doctors tell you a year. My fusion was in two parts, through the back first with the screws, plates, and rods. Ten days later through the front where a piece of my hip was harvested and inserted in the spine along with a thorough cleanup of any bone chips and fragments. Both surgeries took about 6 hours, 12 hours total.
I never had a discography so I can't comment on that part of your question.
In my case I had permanant nerve damage caused from a spinal infection prior to my fusion. I can tell you my fusion was a success, my spine is stable and strong. I have no limitations as far as bending, lifting, or twisting. I am able to golf again. All my remaining pain is from the nerve damage.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 12:00pm

many thanks Stevie and dick

as far as i know the operation is going to be done all in the one go {i will know more after the 15 june} the surgeon wants to do the discography before the surgery not just to establish the extent of the damage and find out what disk are giving me hell but he want to map out ..if you like ..my spine because he wants to talk with the manufacturer that make the hardware to see if a particular device exist or can be made for me .the reason for this is ..and i can not remember as the first time i met him i was so scared i forgot most of what he told us  .!my wife was with me too} i think its something to do with the way my spine has been surgically cut and he wants something to correct it as best as he can but as far as he knows there is not a piece of engineering on the market that will do for what he has in mind ?? like i say i will know more next time i see him .
STRAKER
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 12:05pm
STEVIE
as far as i know ..yes i am being fused from S1/L4.. i was born with a partial L6/S2 as its sometime referred i also have an extra rib that is causing the TOS  so i don't have the best of spines to begin with ! my daughter also has this fault and at just 14 she need a L5 microdiscectomy.she lives with her mum in the isle of man .
STRAKER
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 4:04am
STRAKERA Hi,
Welcome to CPS. Sorry about all that you have gone through.
I hope you have a good appointment in June.
Roni    Owl 2

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 4:51am
thanks for the welcome roni
STRAKER
Tinkerbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 5:40am
Hi Straker and welcome.  Wishing you the very best in your upcoming surgery when you have an date, do post afterwards when you can, to let us know how you're doing?  Going to take you a while to heal so try not to get too frustrated if it's longer then you anticipated.

In the meantime, hope your appointment goes well on the 15th!

Glad to have you with us!

Take care
Donna
L1/L2 protrusion with a piece migrating
L4/L5 small bulge
L5/S1 bone on bone, non-operable
DDD and osteoarthritis
2000 disc herniation L5-S1 had micro discectomy, failed. Right leg/foot numbness & sciatica. Permanent nerve damage in right leg/foot along with radiculopathy and neuropathic pain and Drop foot.
SI Joint & Facet Joint Injections with some relief.

IN THE UK 0845790 90 90

For help for many things...
Canada: http://www.211Canada.ca/
U.S.: http://www.211.org/
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 6:35am
hi Donna
as i am in the uk .a big surgical procedure like this one .will take some time and money to prepare .as we get free medical treatment here the down side is that unless you go in a URGENT you have to wait and i need to have the discography first then the pre medical test so i should imagine that i will be going in around Christmas or maybe new year .if i had 30 thousand pounds i could go in next week!
STRAKER
Tinkerbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 10:29am
I hear you Straker, I'm in Canada, and I'm afraid our waiting time has become ridiculous.  I do hope that somehow you can find some sort of pain relief in the interim though as that's quite a ways away isn't it?  I've read on your other threads as well how you're not sleeping due to the pain, I'm really sorry that you have to wait this long as well.  Isn't it so true if you have the money all of a sudden you become a priority!!

Do take care in the meantime, and visit us often so we can support you as much as we can?

Donna
L1/L2 protrusion with a piece migrating
L4/L5 small bulge
L5/S1 bone on bone, non-operable
DDD and osteoarthritis
2000 disc herniation L5-S1 had micro discectomy, failed. Right leg/foot numbness & sciatica. Permanent nerve damage in right leg/foot along with radiculopathy and neuropathic pain and Drop foot.
SI Joint & Facet Joint Injections with some relief.

IN THE UK 0845790 90 90

For help for many things...
Canada: http://www.211Canada.ca/
U.S.: http://www.211.org/
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 1:47pm

thanks Donna

i like this forum and i intend to visit daily
STRAKER
Katmary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katmary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 3:29pm
Straker,

Nice to meet you, but I'm sorry to hear you need surgery!

I had a 360 two years ago.  I had two days between the anterior and posterior, and it was done L4-S1.  Bottom line- if you're hurting while in the hospital, be a pain! I kept being nice until the day after the second surgery, I think for those of us who have been on pain meds for a long time, sometimes it's tough to get the pain under control.  I later learned part of my problem with such severe spasming post-surgery was because the hardware was poking in the muscles and needed to come out last year (best surgery ever, I felt WONDERFUL after that hardware was removed!). BTW, hardware removal's not that common, so please don't worry about that.  Also, I'd been on Oxycontin for years and later Methadone since about '97, so it was tough to get the pain under control once I was only on Dilaudid.  I liked most of the nurses, just thought I had to basically scream to get them to help me, and after 4 days of no sleep, I was going nuts! I think it's important to discuss pain control with your surgeon so it's clear that you'll receive extra relief if you need it. 

Just know it's a tough surgery.  I went in thinking since I'd had a previous back surgery that went fairly well, it wouldn't be too big of a deal, and I was "tough" and could handle it! Ouch! Being in a hospital for a disc excision when your aunt's head nurse definitely gets you treated well and I had way less pain with that surgery, despite it being invasive for it's time.  A fusion's a lot more work, and I definitely felt it! Seriously, my best advice to you would be if you're in horrible pain, speak up and drive them crazy if need be!

In my case, L5-S1  had been operated on 19 years previously for a severe herniation, and I guess the rest herniated.  At L4-L5, I had congenital stenosis, as had my Dad and Grandmother on his side for the same disc.  It made a LOT of sense despite it not showing previously on MRI's since with my first back surgery, my main problems afterward were stenosis-type things, like not being able to stand without curving my spine, or being able to sit way longer than standing.  My posture greatly improved, and structurally I'm doing a lot better.  The pain I was having is mostly gone too, though I have sciatic pain now (have pelvic nerves burned from a previous surgery and it tends to play off those now).  I no longer feel like someone pinned me like a bug to a board, so that's definitely good!

You sound like you've been through so much, I truly hope this will help significantly with your pain.  If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Keep us updated, and I'll definitely be praying for you!

Kat
1991 Disc Excision L5-S1 for herniated disc.

1996 During routine laparoscopy for endometriosis, had multiple pelvic and bladder nerves burned, resulting in neuralgia and dysfunction of nerves & organs in left pelvis, leg, groin, etc.. Have tried many treatments with varying success.

4/28&30/08 ALIF & PLIF L4-S1 for congenital stenosis, re-herniation,disk tears.

4/27/2009 Hardware removal surgery
Stacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 5:11pm
Good luck Straker, I hope this works out for you.
"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."    -    Jonathan Kozol

DDD, 2 herniated discs one cervical, one thoracic. Periphial neuropathy. Fibromyalgia as of 12/12
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 8:18pm
update .i have not posted for sometime .being in the uk things dont move so quickly .i had my discography a few months ago and it came back ok .so the ALIF is on for sometime next year {2011} i hope it comes soon as i have been in agony and house bound due to sleep deprivation and pain .the days are long and the nights are lonely .i want my life back .but i have been warned that the ALIF is a complex operation and my surgeon intend to do the whole operation in one go .i will be in theater for about 9 hours and in hospital for 7/9 days recover will be long .he has told me about 3 years ,so it not going to be an easy ride ,i am struggling at the moment every day is hard work and my sleep is just a joke ,i never get more than 2 hours in a night .even with strong sleeping pills .i am a veteran of pain with 15 years under my belt .but over the last 4 years years {since my last failed operation} life has become very hard work} luckier i have a fantastic wife and plenty of things to help make life easier {like a rise and recliner recliner /electric adjustable bed /walk in shower etc.i know that i am lucky in that respect but chronic pain takes its toll on your body more than you would think ,in the last 4 years i feel that i have aged about 30 years ! .yet again i am awake after just 1 hour in bed .its going to be a long night ...again .
STRAKER
Stacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 11:52pm
Straker, I am sorry you have to wait so long for your surgery. With 15 years behind you, you truly are a veteran of chronic pain. Remember we are always here for you when you need to talk. I truly hope you can get some good rest soon.

"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."    -    Jonathan Kozol

DDD, 2 herniated discs one cervical, one thoracic. Periphial neuropathy. Fibromyalgia as of 12/12
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 11:59pm
hey tony my friend. i didnt know you were here at CPS. its great to see you here. once you get to know the folks better you will find the site very supportive and uplifting. 
i'm laying on the floor awake at one in the AM. still fighting the the pain like you. i guess we're a couple of inactive warriors sitting on the sidelines waiting to recover and resume our next venture.
your next venture is a real biggie. i know for a while there the docs weren't going to let you back in the ring. i'm glad now the fight is scheduled so try to get your rest and we will chat later in this great site....take care.....pete

7 spine surgeries for neck, leg and back pain caused by stenosis,DDD, facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum. spinal cord stimulator. both hips replaced. surgery on pituitary and pancreas tumors. arthritis. ga
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 6:34am

Hello Straker (Tony) and glad to hear from you again,

I didn't know you and Pete knew each other (I assume from another site) so that is nice that you have a friendly face here.

I am sorry that things are so bad for you and that you are still waiting for the surgery.  I just hope for you that it will be early in 2011.  Yes, we have many UK members, and know how long you wait for procedures.

Please know that you are among many friends here, and you can come and vent anytime you want.  I hope that you (and Pete) will find some relief and sleep ---- we all know the toll that continued pain and sleep deprivation takes on our bodies.

Take care, and please don't be a stranger.  Stevie

IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 9:58am
Hi Tony-Straker- Sorry to hear you're still not sleeping and who would with so much pain. If I don't sleep I feel like (insert word) I hope you get your surgery or pre-op date soon but seems like it's after the holidays. Best wishes my friend.
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 11:48am
thank you to everyone .and a big hi to Pete ,nice to see you again !! i went for a swim today {i will regret it tonight when the evil back cramps come } but what can you do!! .pete and i go way back !! like you say this is a better site take care
everyone
tony x
Spicey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 8:19am
Hi Tony, great to hear from you again

I'm sorry that things are moving so slowly and that you are still struggling so much with your pain and lack of sleep. You're right, these things certainly take their toll on us both physcially and mentally. Well done on going swimming, it's really hard to stay motivated to do any kind of activity when we know we will pay for it later, but swimming and any sort of gentle movement will ultimately help us all.

Yes, the recovery from any kind of fusion is long and hard, but hopefully you will notice some improvement in your symptoms quite soon afterwards.  We will all be here to help and support you through the surgery and recovery as much as we possibly can. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Hugs, Spicey x
41 yrs old, chronic pain for 20 years.
Decompression/stabilisation surgery with Dynesys Apr'04, revision with PLIF fusion Oct'08, SCS installed Apr'10. Injured neck in a stair fall in July '09.
Failed Back Surgery Sydrome & Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2011.
Mobility is poor & I use a wheelchair/scooter outside of the house. Also suffer from anxiety & depression.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINES:

UK: 08457 909090 or http://www.samaritans.org

US: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or http://www.crisisclinic.org

Canada: http://www.211canada.ca/what.php

straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:39pm
sometimes i look at the clock and i swear its going ..TOCK TIC instead of tic tock! i have done all i can to get my self in to hospital as soon as possible but no one wants to know ..i feel the its very unfair and our uk government {not wanting to start a political debate] are making thinks alot worse .cut backs every where ..i know if they were suffering things would be different !! no body know the pain and misery of permanent back pain because they can't see it ..many people look at me than think there's nothing wrong with me .as i look normal {what ever that is!{ but i think that you people know what i mean .....i myself never thought that at 44 years old i would be as unwell as i am ..i am loosing 40 thousand pounds a year because i can't do my electrical engineer job {and will never be able to again ..due to the nature of the job} i would love to get back in work maybe after i have recovered ???
STRAKER
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:52pm
tony i understand completely. here there seems to be a solution for you and youre stuck in this traffic jam of red tape and scheduling. of course it could be worse. here in the usa there is no coverage for many people. at least it appears as if they will give you a good surgeon and cover the bill. they do owe you this as i'm sure the taxes you paid while working added to the  money there is in the health care organization. 
yah...tic tic tic and wait wait wait. you have some very impatient people sitting here and waiting for you to get help. get mad, swear, yell, scream. we understand. i just wish i had the button to push to get them off their butts.....pete
7 spine surgeries for neck, leg and back pain caused by stenosis,DDD, facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum. spinal cord stimulator. both hips replaced. surgery on pituitary and pancreas tumors. arthritis. ga
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:58pm
thanks pete
i hope that you like the music that i sent you on FB
tx
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 2:10pm
yah tony i gave you the thumbs up on it....thanks
Spicey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 2:59pm
Tony, the surgeons up here have told me in the past, and more recently our member Mykul, that it can take up to 2 years to recover from a fusion surgery, so never give up hope that things will improve enough to be able to get back to work in some capacity.

Wish I could make that time go faster for you Disapprove
41 yrs old, chronic pain for 20 years.
Decompression/stabilisation surgery with Dynesys Apr'04, revision with PLIF fusion Oct'08, SCS installed Apr'10. Injured neck in a stair fall in July '09.
Failed Back Surgery Sydrome & Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2011.
Mobility is poor & I use a wheelchair/scooter outside of the house. Also suffer from anxiety & depression.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINES:

UK: 08457 909090 or http://www.samaritans.org

US: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or http://www.crisisclinic.org

Canada: http://www.211canada.ca/what.php

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 3:23pm
Tony am going to use that expression that some of us hate around here--"hang in there," we all hear you loud and clear, and would do anything to help pass the time for you.

After my first fusion, I was able to go back to school, and return to work.  So never give up hope!  Stevie.  ;-)

IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:49pm
Tony-I was wondering how you're doing and if you had surgery or still waiting? Thinking of you...
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 9:09pm
hi Sara
it funny you should ask today as i have been chasing the hospital for Na date and after 3 letters from me and one from my family doctor i eventually received a reply and its very bad my consultant has a 12 month minimum waiting list !!! so no i have not had my operation and its going to be a very long time before i get it ..i am down as urgent too .i am suffering like mad .i am up now and its 3 am i am going through pain killers for fun and i have just emailed my doctor for another script .life is very hard and from what i  can see its going to get a lot worse .Sara are you on skype of face book? .i don t tend to use this site much { no real reason i use the UK ADR site most as they are my consultants ex and current patients} and i can get more info on that site ,talk soon  tx
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2011 at 9:31pm
Tony-I tried to find your name on facebook but here's my link, I hope it works http://www.facebook.com/cheryl.mich.mwda
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2011 at 10:05pm
sara
i could not add you as a friend as your security settings dont allow for this so try comanda straker {thats my facebook name } and you should be able to find me {there is only one of me } !
sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 2:47am
Tony-Your name won't work okay tried different spelling..I hope that's you. I changed my settings. Try link again and thanks for letting me know. I used to have thousands of friends for gaming but have stopped playing and guess I had my settings too private.
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 3:52am
its sorted i have requested ou as a friend talk soon
tx
 Post Reply Post Reply