ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Homepage
Advertise
With Us 
 Many Thanks to all that have supported our site. Click here to find out how YOU can help
Click to Show Your Support
Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Amazon Store
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

i get the a weird crawling sensation in my head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
livinginchronicpain View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livinginchronicpain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i get the a weird crawling sensation in my head
    Posted: Jun/20/2010 at 10:22pm
 i get the a weird crawling sensation in my head. and on my head is really driving me crazy i have had this for years and years but its really getting bad It is so noticeable that it distracts me from what I am doing it drives me crazy does anyone else have this problem to? or know what it can cause that someone has told me is a early sign of MS what do you guys think
I suffer with chronic pain, I have a disease called Endometriosis , Fybromalgia and UTI'S,kidney stones , mild Scoliosis to. When I lay down my hips and my back hurts   I have trouble with my lift knee

small disc bulge of L5 I think in my lower back and also have mild arthritis in my back to . also have sciatica
Sponsored Links

sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2010 at 3:23am
Livinginpain- Not sure what that could be crawling skin is unless it's nerves. paraesthesia-caused by hyperventilation or anxiety or tense muscles. It could be caused by some medications side effects, I would speak with your Dr. about this. My Grandmother had MS and never heard her mention that issue. Anyways just guessing here. Take care. Sara
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing Neck-reverse Lordosis of c-spine C6-C7 with impingement, numb hand and sore outer elbow. Bursitis to both knees. RN
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2010 at 8:46am
I seem to remember one of our members with these symptoms, and I will try to do a search later on,  but right now I can't come up with it. Hopefully the person will see this and respond.

I agree with Sara about it possibly being the nerve endings in your scalp, but I wouldn't worry needlessly about something like MS.

When you finally get to your appointment with the PM Clinic in July be sure to mention it to them.  If it turns out that you do have Fibromyalgia, the drugs use to treat that such as Neurontin or Lyrica would ease that feeling as those medications are used to treat nerve pain. 

Years ago I had a surgical procedure done on my scalp that left me with intense itching on my head and they put me on Neurontin until the nerve endings regenerated and the itching stopped.  Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/
For help for many things...
Canada: http://www.211Canada.ca/
Dark Cloud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Cloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2010 at 4:52pm

I have to say that being one with nerve damage over 78 %  of the body  and with sencery polly nueropothy (how ever you spell it) yes this happens alot. it comes from nerve damage from the neck  or in my case it does.  With the nerve damage and the spinal issues some days the nerve damage may effect the face, nose, cheeks,  etc. the other day it was on the right side and tip of my nose. Drove me nuts all day long. it comes and goes from day to day or week to week. It may last a day or a week or hours. That is the problem  with nerve damage you never know what part it will hit next. In my case depending on the vertebrae if one is acting up then it effects a different nerve it can go anywhere  making your face twitch or your legs jump.Also some medications can cause your skin to crawl. But as always if this continues then let your PM doctor know about it for further testing..

DC
Poly Sensory Nueropolothy in all four quatrains neck and spine. Chronic lumbar,cervical,theistic, and shoulders.13 Major reconstructive surgery's 106 nerve blocks,fusion plate and screws c5,6&7 pins in left shoulder, reconstructed left arm, shoulder, hand, elbow,and right shoulder.21 herniated disc all bulging to the inside of the spinal canal Neural Canal Narrowing Disc bulging with Broad based Protrusion Degenerative Spinal Disease arthritis entire spine, Nueropolothy in both feet and more. This is just a quick run down .. lol
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 8:32pm
My question for you would be are you taking any antidepressants?
I have found that if I forget to take them more than two days I go through what I call brain zaps. It is terrible.
I thought of that while reading through your thread.
Duckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2010 at 11:04pm
my mom has fibromyalgia and gets the crawling sensation under her scalp. HTH
Jodi.
 Post Reply Post Reply