Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Feels like my foot itches.. but deeper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scanfie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scanfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feels like my foot itches.. but deeper
    Posted: Jan/29/2011 at 4:35pm
I'm waiting to see the next doctors.. no appointment scheduled..

Anyways.. Yesterday I had a foot pain that felt like an itchy spot.. but it was so deep in it.. I couldn't get it to stop.  It was itchy times 10.. was horrible.  I took my pain meds I have, and it stopped after a while. 

I'm not sure what to do. I called the doctor I am hoping will see me to get a status of where things are in the process (determining if they are going to accept me as a patient) and they said they would be calling soon as the doctor reviews my case.  They said to go back to my general prac...  Which I will do on Monday.  I'm just scared that something is very wrong...
Mom to Jeremiah and Rachel...

I was in a Car Accident in March of 2003. As a result, I had emergency back surgery April 19, 2003. I had a L5/S1 Laminectomy/Discectomy. I had my son Jeremiah 10 months after. I had multiple therapy sessions (massage, chiropractor, etc) and was recommended the first time for a fusion in 2005. I wanted to have my second child first.. so we had my daughter February 19, 2007. I had an L4/L5 L5/S1 Anterior Posterior Fusion in November of 2009. Since then I've had issues with my back, loosing feeling in my feet. I've had steroid shots in my back, hip and knee repeatedly...
Sponsored Links

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2011 at 6:15pm
Scanfie---

The place you are describing may be in the dermatome pattern for L-5.   I have never heard of severe itching, but when the nerves are irritated who knows what we are going to feel?  Especially as your pain meds helped------seems to point to ongoing irritation where you have had problems.

Don't be scared.  Sometimes weird things happen for no reason, and then just get better. 
Do mention it to the Dr. on Monday.  Let's hope that it was one of those things that never get explained-------and never happen again.  Hugs, Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/
imchunks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imchunks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2011 at 8:12pm
Scanfie,

Sometimes my feet and the back of my legs will feel like something is tickling them.  When I try to scratch, my feet and/or leg will begin to feel like it is on fire.  I have neuropathy (nerve damage) in my feet and legs.  The only thing that helps when this happens is an ice pack.  I have never had the deep itching that you are talking about.  I sure hope your doctor can figure out what is going on soon.

It is good to hear from you.  Let us know what you find out Monday.

Take care,
Judy
LUMBAR: lumbar herniated disc almost all non-surgical treatments available have been tried. (5) laminectomies on lumbar spine 1982-2001, Failed fusion of L4 L5 in April, 2005; Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) March,2007
CERVICAL: Cervical herniated disc, Anterior cervical discectomy & fusion (ACDF C5-7)November, 2007
OTHER ISSUES: DDD, Polyneuropathy, Occipital Neuralgia, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure, Hardening of the Arteries.
NERVE DAMAGE: Bilateral Peroneal, Tibial and Sural Nerves of lower legs, feet and ankles (damage caused by previous back surgeries).
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2011 at 8:13pm
Hi Sanfie,

What a horrible experience! I imagen you couldn't even get relief from scratching because the itch was so deep. I've had itch on my feet while driving. It would drive me crazy and I had to pull to the side to scratch. But I have never experienced what you descsribe. I am glad the medication helped some. It sounds like some kind of hypersensitivity, something to do with the nerve endings. I hope your doctor will be able to figure it out and help you with it.

Take care!
Edie
Multilevel degenerative disc disease
C3-4, broad based disc bulge with small bone spurs
C4-5, dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge
C5-6 narrowing and dehydration of the disc, with small osteophytes. Mild effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space. Moderately severe bilateral foraminal narrowing due to disc and spur. Probable C6 nerve root impingement bilaterally.
C6-7 narrowing and dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge and postereolateral marginal spurs
C7-T1 narrowing and dehydration of the disc. Small posterolateral marginal spurs with fairly severe narrowing of both neural foramina. Probable bilateral C8 nerve root impingement.
T4 to T10: Moderate to advanced DDD with moderate to severe disc space narrowing
All non operable

Pain in both knees
Torn ACL and MCL in car accident, some years ago, no surgery
Migraine headaches
Very tender, painful spots all over scalp
Chronic depression, chronic insomnia, and anxiety manifested in constant hyperventilation (the constant need to take a deep breath) especially when I try to rest.

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2011 at 8:41pm
Scanfie,
Like Stevie said, dont worry, nerves do weird things for no reason.

I had surgery on my toe in October and experienced all kinds of nerve stuff. It did drive me buggy.

sara1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 1:41am
Scanfie-I've had that deep itch in my side of the lateral leg but really deep. I can only massage and take pain meds and put my infrared platinum heating pad on to help it. I have a compression at L4-L5 so it affects the lateral and front of my calf done to under and on top of my last 3 small toes. I would be lost without Cymbalta for nerve pain or narcotic meds. Don't know if you've had a recent MRI or any other diagnostic tests with these new symptoms and hope you find out what's going on. Take care. Sara
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 7:23am
sara it is great you have shared this information with us.
Nerves do such interesting things to us and for us.

Scanfie, I am thinking of you.
scanfie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scanfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:22pm
Thanks for all your replies.  I finally went to my regular doctor today.. but that didn't go well.  He said that he didn't know what I did, but that he wants me to be seen by the neurosurgeon/pain clinic.  I've been waiting for two weeks for a reply from them.  He told me to call them (which I've done) and tell them that I need to be seen.. and now I wait...

Hoping for a call tomorrow or Wed.. 
Mom to Jeremiah and Rachel...

I was in a Car Accident in March of 2003. As a result, I had emergency back surgery April 19, 2003. I had a L5/S1 Laminectomy/Discectomy. I had my son Jeremiah 10 months after. I had multiple therapy sessions (massage, chiropractor, etc) and was recommended the first time for a fusion in 2005. I wanted to have my second child first.. so we had my daughter February 19, 2007. I had an L4/L5 L5/S1 Anterior Posterior Fusion in November of 2009. Since then I've had issues with my back, loosing feeling in my feet. I've had steroid shots in my back, hip and knee repeatedly...
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:38pm
Scanfie----

If you do NOT get a call back tomorrow or Wednesday, please call your GP and have him call them. That will hopefully get the ball rolling.  Grrrrrrrr--on this having to sit around and wait.  Not right, and not good medical practice.  I hope in the meantime that the intense itching has passed.  Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 5:15pm
waiting...I hate it...Do what Stevie suggested have your GP call them.
I'll try to be patient in waiting to hear about what is going on with your foot.
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:14pm
Scanfie,
How awful to have to wait. I hope you hear from the clinic very soon...Edie
Multilevel degenerative disc disease
C3-4, broad based disc bulge with small bone spurs
C4-5, dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge
C5-6 narrowing and dehydration of the disc, with small osteophytes. Mild effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space. Moderately severe bilateral foraminal narrowing due to disc and spur. Probable C6 nerve root impingement bilaterally.
C6-7 narrowing and dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge and postereolateral marginal spurs
C7-T1 narrowing and dehydration of the disc. Small posterolateral marginal spurs with fairly severe narrowing of both neural foramina. Probable bilateral C8 nerve root impingement.
T4 to T10: Moderate to advanced DDD with moderate to severe disc space narrowing
All non operable

Pain in both knees
Torn ACL and MCL in car accident, some years ago, no surgery
Migraine headaches
Very tender, painful spots all over scalp
Chronic depression, chronic insomnia, and anxiety manifested in constant hyperventilation (the constant need to take a deep breath) especially when I try to rest.

Post Reply Post Reply