ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Effective September 1, the ChronicPainSite.com will be closing it's doors.
We've had a good 10 year run and have helped many people.
We will keep the info up for reference and to help people who stop by, but no posting will be possible.

What do you like about here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kris View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2013 at 9:51pm
I like that you guys understand.  Many people don't understand the concept of pain that NEVER leaves and the mental toll it takes on you.

People here listen and care.  Thank you all!
Severe kyphoscoliosis, vertebrae fracture, spinal degeneration and reduced bone density throughout my body, doctor suspects fibromyalgia, unexplained spontaneous muscle strains/tear, poor alignment of my femur to tibia - 3 surgery attempts to fix - still frequent subluxation and periodic dislocation of knee along with cysts and an inoperable meniscus tear in that knee. Knee osteoarthritis - hip osteoarthritis suspected to be caused by my missing half of a vertebrae and other congenital abnormalities affecting my gait. (Other little misc. problems, but I think that hits the summary)
cindylou_38 View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote cindylou_38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2013 at 5:14pm
That there is always a caring listening ear here.
Bluegill View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bluegill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2013 at 7:33pm
"Amen" to what everyone else has said.  And we are allowed to post with or without our name and picture. 

(I'm not really a bluegill, but I've included a picture of what I would look like if I were)
In head-on car crash in 2006. Smashed kneecaps, broken hip, head injury,and other fractures. Daily knee pain (just a 2 or 3 or 4 on a scale from 1-10, so I feel like a wimp). Can't jog, walk long distances or stand for a long period of time. Surgery to remove bone growth on pelvis (2017). Ongoing hip pain, possibly trochanteric bursitis.
jack33smith View Drop Down

I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote jack33smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2013 at 2:34am
Kris, that's so true and the reason I love coming here. Also, I can have a moan at 3am when I can't sleep and I really shouldn't wake my girlfriend up. A satisfying thing I do is to write a really long and moany post and then delete the whole thing and write something better. It's rather satisfying
1996 - Broken C5 vertebra
Dislocated T7 thanks to traction for the above.
2009 - Herniated L5/S1 disc & Sciatica
11 MRIs and counting, 2 cancelled surgeries
Heyred1972 View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heyred1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 1:07pm
I know this is an older thread but i just wanted to chime in Wink I am loving this site and all the folks I have met so far. Reading through some of the older posts I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge and caring that I have seen. You all are a family and you welcome so many of us in with open arms and make us part of the family as well.

Just in the short amount of time I have been here, I have been given more advise and understanding than I have in the few years I have had my pain issues. More understanding than even my actual family can or has offered.

Thank you so much for starting this site, I have been recommending many friends and friends loved ones here with many different pain issues. Thank you for letting me be a part of this wonderful family! My heart is over filled with emotions when seeing how much love and devotion has gone into making this a "home away from home"

Here is a to a pain free day for all!
Time is the coin of your life. It's the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you `Carl Sanburg
L2-L3 show early degenerative changes
L4-L5 disc bulge, disc protrusion with bilateral foraminal encroachment & lumbar spondylosis, facets are hypertrophic.
L5-S1 disc bulge, central annular protrusion with left foraminal encroachment & lumbar spondylosis
C3-C4 disc bulge & spondylosis, right stenosis
C4-C5 disc bulge & spondylosis, disc protrusion, osteoarthritis, bilateral foraminal stenosis
C5-C6 disc bulge & spondylosis, osteoarthritis, foraminal stenosis bilateral & central
C6-C7 disc bulge & sponsylosis, foraminal stenosis bilateral & central with bone spurs
All of the ligaments between C4-C7 have begun thickening
JohnLug View Drop Down
Sysop
Sysop
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnLug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 1:15pm
Thanks!!

Nice to hear.Big smile

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

I Wish I could program in NO PAIN for everyone!!!
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 2:08pm
Thanks from me too

It is great to be acknowledged - and yes - we are a family - until we have chronic pain we could not know how tough it is - so regardless of where we live and what we do - we never compare our pain

We just accept everyone pain

Also - there's a little "thank" button on the right hand side of each post - we can thank each other when we choose to - and thanks add up

I don't know where to look to see - but we can tell how many times we have been thanked
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heyred1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 2:11pm
Well thanks for that. I didn't realize what that was for Star You got my first thanks lol.
Time is the coin of your life. It's the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you `Carl Sanburg
L4-L5 disc bulge, disc protrusion with bilateral foraminal encroachment & lumbar spondylosis, facets are hypertrophic.
L5-S1 disc bulge, central annular protrusion with left foraminal encroachment & lumbar spondylosis
C4-C5 disc bulge & spondylosis, disc protrusion, osteoarthritis, bilateral foraminal stenosis
C5-C6 disc bulge & spondylosis, osteoarthritis, foraminal stenosis bilateral & central
C6-C7 disc bulge & sponsylosis, foraminal stenosis bilateral & central with bone spurs
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 2:14pm
Gee - thanks

To find yours it in your profile - click on your name and go from thereSmile
Bailey View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013-2018

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 2:15pm
LOL, just lost a heartfelt reply with the touch of a button.

Terri, thanks for your kind words. I remember so well finding this place almost 5 years ago and feeling overwhelmed with gratitude that people really understood.

And more amazing yet, they cared and were kind.

Now I understand why. Everyone here deals with pain, everyday.

I think you might be one of the folks who stick around, I hope so Smile

And a really big thank you for donating to CPS. Nobody gets a paycheque here, but it costs a lot to keep a place like this up and running. So thanks again Thumbs Up
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
I Donated to CPS 2015

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heyred1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 3:16pm
I plan on sticking around Smile I wish I could have donated more. I plan on it in the future.
I did just put a posting on facebook inviting all my friends and family with chronic pain to come join as well. I need cards with all the information here lol. That way I could just hand those out to everyone I know with issues, which is a lot given where I work and what we all do there.
Speaking of, I am off to work.. everyone have a wonderful pain free evening!

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2015 at 8:17pm
(((Terri)))

Your words and posts to others are the reason we are here.  Thank you so very much.

For anyone serious about getting cards with our information on them, you can get free cards from http://www.vistaprint.com  Just put our name on them "ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc.  and the link to us http://chronicpainsite.com 

Thank you for telling you family and friends about us on Facebook.  Our homepage there is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ChronicPainSitecom/221933994884
Gosh, hope all of these links work.  Thank you again, Terri and welcome to our family.  Hug

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
DionMer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DionMer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 11:33am
I love the wide variety of topics this forum has. Seems like you guys didn't leave a stone unturned when it comes to chronic pain conditions. That's awesome.

Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 3:32pm
Thank you so much for your kind words Dion. It’s been a labor of love for 10 years and I feel that we are needed now more than ever, and hope that we can all find relief from chronic pain in this climate we find living in.

What we need more than ever are members chiming in with even more suggestions for any and every way to manage pain when needed drugs are denied. It’s a scary time for many—-especially here in the States

It’s nice to meet you and I hope we get to know you better. Stevie

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2018 at 10:54pm
I can talk about how completely stupid our government is now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12