ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Homepage
Advertise
With Us 
 Many Thanks to all that have supported our site. Click here to find out how YOU can help
Click to Show Your Support
Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Amazon Store
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

'SORRY, were not seeing any need for intervention'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'SORRY, were not seeing any need for intervention'
    Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 2:10pm
Okay.So I am pretty annoyed. I have been to 7 different doctors for my pain. I have neck pain anytime i am sitting up without head support (but it only gets severe if im sitting in a seat foe sayy, like 30 mins. My hand pain I have prevent me from working, well i work 2 days a week and whenevwr i do my hand or hands swell and ache to the point of where i get a bit suicidial. Im 22 years old and can't pay any of my bills and might soon lose my car. I miss my life. HOW DOES ONE BECOME HAPPY WHEN IN CHRONIC PAIN? Its only been bout three and a half months and im losing it! the last doctor I seen with a Rheumatologist. before that and orthopedic and many general doctors. no 1 can seem to tell me what is wrong with me. I had an EMG and carpal tunnel was ruled out. Blood work only showed a vitamin D deficiency . An xray of my hands and neck were perfect.In the meantime while waiting for work to anyone have any advice on pain management of the hands and neck. pS I take vicodin when needed but I do not like to take it day to day. thank you so much to anyone who has any advice.
Sponsored Links

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 4:09pm
Hi Aela,

I'm sorry you're suffering so much. I hear you and understand your frustration. X-ray's don't show anywhere near enough to rule out spinal problems. I hope you can get an mri to see what's going on.

I too have neck, shoulder, arm and hand pain. The single thing that helps me the most is heat. I almost live with my heating pad. The one I use is shaped like a cape and fits around my neck perfectly. I think there's a picture of it in the Helpful Gadgets section.

I also use hot baths and showers. I stand under the shower, hot as I can stand it, until I start to run out of hot water.

It's very important for me, to never get a chill in my back. That sets up spasms I have a hard time getting under control.

I've also found laying down for an hour through the day helps. Using pillows to support my arms when I sleep. Pacing my activities. Daily walking.

Sorry this is all about me, but you did ask for suggestions, lol. If you can tell me a bit about what seems to bother you the most, maybe I can offer something that might help. I can try anyway Aela.

I'm sure others will be around to offer suggestions. It is always a little quieter around the site on weekends, but people will be by.

I know everything I offered is pretty basic, but sometimes the smallst things can help alot
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 4:43pm
Aela,

There are a number of non narcotic pain relievers that can help. They do for me and I'm full of athriitis. They are called NSAIDs
I take Diclofenac which has been effective and I will swithch it up with Sulindac. Both pretty well for me, keep the pain levels down enough for me to function.

Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 20
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 5:04pm
aela i'm big on exercising to reduce the pain you have. and i find that a repetitive exercise is best. try taking a rag and polish or wipe a counter or car over and over again. i had a large neck fusion surgery and still had pain and the movement cured it.....pal pete
7 spine surgeries for neck, leg and back pain caused by stenosis,DDD, facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum. spinal cord stimulator. both hips replaced. surgery on pituitary and pancreas tumors. arthritis. ga
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 6:58pm
Aela---

You say that it's only been 3 1/2 months?  Is this since the pain started?  It may still be in the acute phases ----  did something happen that set this all off?   Were you tested for Lyme Disease?  Any other type of infectious disease process?

Please let us know a bit more about yourself.  At the age of 22---did something happen or have you come down with a virus or other illness that hasn't been found.  I would strongly recommend an Infectious Disease Dr. as next consult.  Just to cover all bases. 

I'm glad you found us---I hope we can all come up with things to help you.  Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/
For help for many things...
Canada: http://www.211Canada.ca/
Edie View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2013 at 10:01pm
Hi Aela

Have you hurt yourself lately? Have you fallen, or have had an accident? Have you been lifting any heavy objects, or have you been sleeping to long in the same position? Any of these incidents could have caused some strain on your neck, and the pain from these type of injuries can last for several months.

I would suggest your GP do a complete physical checkup, including a CBC to out rule something organic.  Some massage, and hot pads, along with some mild neck exercises may be helpful. If the pain persists, or increases an MRI would be a good idea to find out if something has been damaged there.

Please keep us posted about what they find. Hope it is nothing too serious...Edie

Multilevel degenerative disc disease
C3-4, broad based disc bulge with small bone spurs
C4-5, dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge
C5-6 narrowing and dehydration of the disc, with small osteophytes. Mild effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space. Moderately severe bilateral foraminal narrowing due to disc and spur. Probable C6 nerve root impingement bilaterally.
C6-7 narrowing and dehydration of the disc with broad based disc bulge and postereolateral marginal spurs
C7-T1 narrowing and dehydration of the disc. Small posterolateral marginal spurs with fairly severe narrowing of both neural foramina. Probable bilateral C8 nerve root impingement.
T4 to T10: Moderate to advanced DDD with moderate to severe disc space narrowing
All non operable

Pain in both knees
Torn ACL and MCL in car accident, some years ago, no surgery
Migraine headaches
Very tender, painful spots all over scalp
Chronic depression, chronic insomnia, and anxiety manifested in constant hyperventilation (the constant need to take a deep breath) especially when I try to rest.

Post Reply Post Reply