FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

I need a HUGE personal Favour from everyone here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
binkysquinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a HUGE personal Favour from everyone here!
    Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 7:16am
Ok, I want you all to sit down and list why youre amazing and lovely and 'wow!' as a person, just as a personal favour for me. Dont have to post it in here, but just realise it :)

Youve all helped me and continue helping me in your own ways, even if I dont talk about you or engage you in your own topics...I do read them and they humble me. Gosh, wish could wave my magic wand and take away everyones pain and make it mine. It may be words on a screen but theres a person behind them and that person usually rocks!!! ;) So there!!

So today? Make me proud by recognising just how amazing and beautiful you are as a person :)  That would mean the world to me :)

"I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange" - Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks
----------

“If you're reading this...
Congratulations, you're alive.
If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.”
― Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head

=======

I own my own glass so don't care which way it has things in it, I own the glass ;)
Sponsored Links

dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 3:12pm
I got to tell ya, you aren't so bad yourself.
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
megsie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megsie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 5:43pm
Blinx I think you're amazing because you tell it how it is.
Mild bilateral forminal stenosis,Constant spasms , bilateral sciatica and osteo arthritis in knees.
Merlin View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 6:45pm
Binx - you are up-front, honest and amazing - there is no guile in you

And the second part - I too am up-front, honest and amazing and there is not guile in me.

Even though it me I am writing about in the second sentence - it's true - I admit it myselfWink
Merlin
Severe Inoperable Lumbar Spinal Problems - both shoulders damaged
Important contacts
In Australia - Telephone Crisis Line - Life Line 131114
World Wide
For bereaved parents - The Compassionate Friends.
Tough Love Support - Families Anonymous - type their name into your browser and you will find chapters near you
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 8:51pm
Binky----

You are a breath of fresh air.  And, you are loved.  Hug  Stevie xx

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:00pm
This wasnt meant as a way for people to like/love me lols!! Though? Shucks and *screws up her face in an epic grin happy way!* :)

...but if people would realise just how amazing and wonderful they are? So beautiful? That would make my day ;)
"I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange" - Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks
----------

=======

I own my own glass so don't care which way it has things in it, I own the glass ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:06pm
I am always a little worried when people say that I "tell it like it is" as seems like I can come across as rude or insensitive which I dont mean to be!! If Im sometimes blunt, its usually cos Im too tired and exhausted so will just come out with what I mean without the sugar coating....

but love how some of you lot totally get me and understand what I am saying!!! I know require a Tammy-speak dictionary/grammar guide sometimes!!!

If I say I love you? Its always friendship wise! I do think of you lot sometimes when am offline and hope youre all ok!! Esp if see something that reminds me of someone on here or the other sites Im on ;)
----------

=======

Merlin View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:15pm
Binx - you may not have sought all this feedback - but it's true

I think you are awesome - true dinks

HG

Now go ahead and make my dayTongue
Merlin
Important contacts
World Wide
Tough Love Support - Families Anonymous - type their name into your browser and you will find chapters near you
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:22pm
Well, Binks----

I am logging out for the night, so let me just say this.

I feel that we have created a place that has the kindest and most caring members in the world, and that is due to creating an atmosphere that allows these beliefs to blossom.  We don't tolerate hate towards anyone.  No matter race, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs.  We keep our site focused on helping the person.  Period.

So, this site is an accomplishment that makes me feel really good about myself.  But without all of the positive feedback we wouldn't be where we are today.

Thank you Binky and you sleep well also.  Nite from very sleepy StevieSleepy

The information and articles provided on our website are designed to support, not replace the relationship between patients and physicians.

Spinal Fusions L5-S1 and L4-L5. Recent changes now with diagnosis of Lumbar Stenosis with neurogenic claudication. To have multi-levl posterior fusion with laminectomy and decompression of L2-3 L3-4 and fusion and revision of L4-5 L5-1 with instrumentation. Cervical DDD, stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis and facet arthropathy throughout cervical spine from C3-C7. Thoracic Spine: dextroconvex curvature of the thoracic spine, centered at approximately T8.(Scoliosis with 20 degree curve). At T7-8, a disc bulge. Degenerative disc disease T7-T9. Disc dessication from T3-T11.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.crisisclinic.org/
IN THE UK 0845790 90 90
http://www.samaritans.org/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:25pm
I was called Dinks by real life friends as they were all 6' plus and on another site where I was called Dinks by some Oz mates :) That and it rhymes with squinks/binx!!
----------

=======

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:26pm
***gentle sleepy hugs to Stevie***

:)
----------

=======

cindylou_38 View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cindylou_38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:44pm
What would you like us to call you, a great friend, great listener, great spirited. Funny, direct some times, but to the point. Love you to Hun. Giant hugs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:56pm
Dinks - Double Income, No Kids....hmmmm!

It can also be a putdown in OZ language but my mates who called me that? They meant it as youre short and tiny! Youre teeny weeny dinky!!

ok no, you lot seriously have to stop bigging me up or my head wont fit through the door tomorrow!!!

(secretly love it though!)

----------

=======

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2013 at 8:27pm
Hi.
I adore you.
I am glad to get to know you. You are fun to talk to on Facebook too.
Merlin View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2013 at 2:24am
OI!!!!! Binx

In Aus True Dinks means The Real Deal - The Whole Truth - Honest Injun - Cross my heart and hope to die -

Fair Dinkum - it's the most honest of deals - the best of all thoughts and hopes - Mamma don't allow no geetah playing here strength -

If you hear True Dinks from an Aussie - that's the one - no one cheats on the True Dinks Scale

Of course there are people who are not True Dinks - they live in danger of being cast into the deep ocean abyssal plains with all the other garbage

It's a compliment if an Aussie says of anything you say called it True Dinks
Merlin
Important contacts
World Wide
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2013 at 4:34am
It is amazing the different words we all use that
some may say as innocent and others take for
granted. LOL I love reading the different ways
we all use different words.

Roni

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Tas View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 12:16am
Binky,

I will join in and agree with everyone that you are a very special person, that also includes others on this site. You have to be to be able to take the time from all the pain and want to talk and express your feelings with others.

Only those that siffer from CP can relate to others with CP, no matter how hard your friends and partners try to understand, they can't.

I was onc told by a very senior officer that "I lacked tact" personally, I took that as a complimentLOL meant to me that I couldn't put up with idiots.Big smile

I love life and I love people who love life, time is too short to be grumpy and hostile, plus it's a waste of energy better used for something enjoyable.

LOL KenBig smile

L1/2 Mild bilateral facet astropathy. L2/3 same as L1/2. L3/4 ditto. L4/5 Disc bulge indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet astropathy. Mild canal and left foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 Severe disc narrowing with extensive osteophytes. Broad based disc osteophyte protusion indenting anterior thecal sac and resulting in a right foraminal stenosis. Exiting L5 nerves intact. Osteophytic contact with descending right S1 nerve root. Conclusion_ Severe degenerative disc changes L5/S1 with disc-osteophyte protusion. Moderate disc bulge L4/L5 Moderate central spinal stenosis with obileration of the epidural fat and distortion of the thecal sac. L5/1 Decreased disc height and signal. Super Ventricular Tachacardia. (SVT) Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis knees and hips.
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 3:51am
Binky,
You are Loved.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 4:34pm
Remember when told you about Jimmy? (plays somes music before carries on.....)

Right, I was so scared Ken, and just wanted to run off, but both the last times helped him and Morris knew I couldnt. So didnt. So there!!

Just I have always wanted to help as I have done....as in people help. Even if it scare the pants off them?

Did it anyway with no thought...which could be why some people like me for it? I didnt think, just went and helped, so dunno and dont care, do dream about it now though but.... Dunno...ahhh well at least theyre both ok!!! Thats the main thing!! ALWAYS!!

----------

=======

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 11:15pm
Binky It makes my day when people realize who they truly are.

Sometimes they don't see who they are because of messages they learned as children about themselves. The name calling they had happen as a child, or teasing by others.

Maybe they see themselves as not beautiful, but beauty is a bit deeper than the outside of a person.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 11:18pm
Well? Love those you who love me anyway!!! HUGELY!!!

Aint no words!!! ;)

----------

=======

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 5:03am
I have to apologise for one being all shady to one person today as woke up to brand new day and no hate carries on with me after have slept....

Theres usually a LOT more going on than I need in real life, and for it to come out on here? It takes a LOT.

I will take a sabbatical...love that word!! It amuses me!!...but Just wanted to apologise for having 'thrown my toys outta the pram' and 'Pitching a Fit'...Thats not the real me...So have your apology, lets draw a line under it? Get over it and both carry on in a brand new day?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------

=======

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 5:16am
doink a dink dink ;) It was a repeat post so lets ignore it ;)

----------

=======

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 5:22am
here have a video ;)

and Im a sorry that was shady myself and so really Nrrrrghghghghghgh!

Thats after trying to help out girls at the Shelter but they refuse and keep oing back to their guys, who we have seen hit them quite violently...but only they can walk away. Just I needed to come here as a safe haven to have a few laughs and write why it hurt me personally. I should be bigger than to have someone call me the wrong name repeatedly to be all moody moo and be on one/trow my toys outta the pram/pitch a fit... esp as....

I just...dunno...you know love the heck outta of you!! I really do! I do care a LOT about you lot, even if does seem as words on a screen.

So here? Have a video!!

----------

=======

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 5:25am
Btw if anyone has seen the vowels/letters I repeatedly drop? If you could please return them to :-

Binx
Squinkyville
Under her Purple Blanket
Somerwhere over there ------->
PO Box 5318008

;)
----------

=======

tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 8:26pm
I will drop them in the post when I run across them Binky
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 3:07am
Gosh Binky,,,,,
They could be any where and I will
keep an eye out.

Roni

Unknown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binkysquinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 6:43pm
Thanks!!! :)

Now can we pleeeeeease get on with talking about how other people amaze us???

Or will spank ya!!! ;)
----------

=======

Post Reply Post Reply