FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Why does spinal stenosis cause cold numb feet ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
megsie84 View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megsie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does spinal stenosis cause cold numb feet ?
    Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 6:56am
Hi I was wandering if anyone could tell me how and why stenosis causes cold numb feet ? I tried goggling it but nothing came up , just a load of articles on how stenosis can cause numbness . Thanks Megan .
Mild bilateral forminal stenosis,Constant spasms , bilateral sciatica and osteo arthritis in knees.
Sponsored Links

pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 9:22am
hi meg....oh i hate that terrible cold numb foot sensation too. i have to turn the heat up in the house to feel better.
i'm no doc so this might not be 100% correct but my understanding is there are all kinds of nerves running down the spinal cord. nerves for strength, coordination, pain, temperature and skin sensation. so when the temperature and skin sensation nerves are pressured you get those weird sensations. i actually get this all through my legs because of the severity of my compression. but when i first got this stuff it was just the feet and toes. i kept asking the doc if my feet were cold and he said no. but the nerves were messed up and were telling me i was cold and numb when i really wasntCry
7 spine surgeries for neck, leg and back pain caused by stenosis,DDD, facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum. spinal cord stimulator. both hips replaced. surgery on pituitary and pancreas tumors. arthritis. ga
megsie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megsie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 11:31am
Thanks Pete . I forgot to ask the Doctor yesterday and when I couldn't find any info on the internet I thought I'd try my luck on here ,as  I've been a bit puzzled over it. Your a star.  Star
Mild bilateral forminal stenosis,Constant spasms , bilateral sciatica and osteo arthritis in knees.
Merlin View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 6:58pm
Hi Megan - I never thought about it until I read your post but I get cold feet and I have spinal cord canal stenosis

I had surgery on one of my feet when I was three and the scar on my ankle brought back memories of me fighting the doctors and nurses with the mask and the smell of chlorophorm - I was terrified

So unless it is really hot I have worn socks all my life - and even knowing the reason I still wear socks

So yes - for what ever reason - I have cold feet and spinal cord canal stenosis - and maybe there's some connection

Thanks for thatSmile
Merlin
Severe Inoperable Lumbar Spinal Problems - both shoulders damaged
Important contacts
In Australia - Telephone Crisis Line - Life Line 131114
World Wide
For bereaved parents - The Compassionate Friends.
Tough Love Support - Families Anonymous - type their name into your browser and you will find chapters near you
megsie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megsie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 7:13pm
That's ok Merlin . It's a bit of a silly post really but I just find it really weird especially since the cold feeling has gotten even colder these past few months . I guess I  am just not yet used to all the different nerve pains and sensations and sensations that accompany my condition being a newbie an all .
Merlin View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 7:23pm
Hi Megan - that's not a silly question at all - if a person has a reason there's no silly questions

Right now my feet are cold - and I am wearing socks

It's like this - We've tried 1,234 tests to find out if there is a connection between cold feet and spinal cord canal stenosis - and we have not found any

But that doesn't mean there isn't a reason - it's just that we haven't found it yet - maybe it's test number 1,200 - or maybe they never will

But that doesn't mean cold feet is a great way to feel - I hate cold feet

I posted a message here I think - it might have been in another site - but they made Socrates take hemlock as punishment for teaching young people to question the universe - and hemlock makes the person's feet to get cold first - maybe that's wear the expression getting cold feet came from

Don't feel silly -  my second profession was a teacher - I never found a question silly -  unless of course - it is silly - it happens

It's okay
Merlin
Severe Inoperable Lumbar Spinal Problems - both shoulders damaged
Important contacts
In Australia - Telephone Crisis Line - Life Line 131114
World Wide
For bereaved parents - The Compassionate Friends.
Tough Love Support - Families Anonymous - type their name into your browser and you will find chapters near you
megsie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megsie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2013 at 7:44am
Thanks Merlin .
 Post Reply Post Reply