Advertise
With Us 
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc Personal Homepage
Please, if you have not Donated lately we need your help.
Click here to find out how YOU can help
  Advertise
With Us 

FAQ FAQ   Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New FP Group.. LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN
How you can get more control of your health and life.
Click Here
To Our FB page      

Login
Register
---------
ChronicPainSite.com Foundation, Inc
RULES
Navigation
Main Page
Forum Home
About Us
Site Information
Our Advisors
Articles Home
Faces of Pain
Recipe Section
No Pain Pain Scale No Pain

FAQ
Member Control Panel
Login
Register
Walking Conversion Chart

DC's Stories

CP Man Stories

Donate

Rotator Cuff Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pebbles View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotator Cuff Surgery
    Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 9:21pm
Hi Guys,

I have not only been a member of this forum for back surgeries, but I have an upcoming Rototor Cuff surgery coming up this Thursday.

Is there anyone out there that has had this procedure before?  If so, can you help a single person prepare for what I'm about to face, more so post-op?

It is on my right arm (predcominate) and I just don't know how to prepare my post-op home coming.

Thank you so much in advance if you all can give me any suggestions on how to prepare myself and house for having my arm in a sling for 6 weeks, plus at least 4 months of PT.

Bye for now and thank you again in advance for your suggestions, etc. Smile
Here is My Chronic Pain Storyt?y: I had a Work Comp injury 1/2007. Conservative treatments, ESI, 4 rounds of PT, Massage, Traction, PLIF on L5/S1 in Jan, 2008. 4 more rounds of PT, but am considered "Stagnant in recovery". UPDATE 12/08: Based on recent CT Scan, I am considered official as a NON-FUSION at the L5/S1 Level from operation on 1/3/08. There is a broad based left lateral disk protusion at L4/L5 entering the left neural foramen as well as a broad based protusion at L5/S1 (which is the level the hardware is located). UPDATE: Discogram 1/13/09, results there will be a 2 Level Fusion (ALIF) to be performed in March/2009 with hardware removal from PLIF of 1/3/08. 2/09/08 Being sent to a Pain Rehabilitation center out of town. 7/16/09 had hardware removal posterior and ALIF with spacers brackets at L4/L5, L5/S1, still in recovery from 2nd surgery. I am social security disabled due to injury. 5/10/2010 MRI results - Disk bulges C3-C7, T3-4 & T10-11. 11/17/2010 MRI results - Mild diffuse enhancement at the L4-L5 vertebrral bodies. Conus medullaris terminates at the L1-L2 level, this is at the low end of normal. L2-L3 & L3-L4 moderate bilateral facet hypertophy is event. The neural foramina remain patent. UPDATE: 5/1/11 - diagnosed with Fibro, also pain mgmt Dr. wants to burn the Facet Joint nerves in my cervical and lumbar regions. UPDATE: 11/7/2013 Rotator Cuff surgery.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 10:06pm
Hi Pebbles and best of luck to you with the upcoming surgery

I am sure it is scary, but my husband had it done a couple of years ago, and it went really well. I don't recall any real major road blocks with recovery. Or the need to be in a sling for so long. He didn't need PT for long at all. Was back playing golf much sooner than what you are being told but as you know every case is different.

I just wanted to let you know that this surgery as is normally done via arthrosopcic, is no where as scary as compared to spinal fusions and keep positive that it will go very well and that you are going to have a quick and full recovery.

Please have the hospital staff made aware that you are on your own and will need some help for your post op care. Also, please let us know how you are doing when you can. Many hugs, Stevie

Please donate to help Chronicpainsite.com continue to help others.

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013-2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 10:24pm
Hi Pebbles,

I can't offer any help on post surgery expectations, but wanted to let you know I'm here too. Wishing you all the best on your upcoming surgery and then recovery. I'll be watching to see how it goes. Take care.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Kris View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 10:46pm
Wishing you the best!  Positive thoughts and prayers your way
Severe kyphoscoliosis, vertebrae fracture, spinal degeneration and reduced bone density throughout my body, doctor suspects fibromyalgia, unexplained spontaneous muscle strains/tear, poor alignment of my femur to tibia - 3 surgery attempts to fix - still frequent subluxation and periodic dislocation of knee along with cysts and an inoperable meniscus tear in that knee. Knee osteoarthritis - hip osteoarthritis suspected to be caused by my missing half of a vertebrae and other congenital abnormalities affecting my gait. (Other little misc. problems, but I think that hits the summary)
Rocken Roni View Drop Down
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 11:50pm
Hi Pebbles,
Just sending you Happy thoughts and
a speedy recovery after your surgery.

Roni

Until one has felt the Love of an animal,
a part of their Soul remains Unawakened.

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
Went to 3rd Rehab program summer 2002.
Oct 2003 - 2nd Surgery, due to broken screw, had to operate from the front.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
June 2008 Surgeon finally admitted I had Failed Back Surgery.
August 2009 WCB Finally put me on Long Term Disability
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 2:30am
I think things vary with the surgeon - I decided against having a rotator cuff surgery because of the risk of a deep vein thrombosis - I had a blood clot in my lung after it had been trapped in my knee after surgery

But I was told I would be without the use of my arm at all for 3 months and then another 3 months doing physio

Seeing as I had two surgeries on my other shoulder many years ago I did not feel inclined to trust this surgeon but the main reason not having the surgery was the previous PE - which may have been due to my age -

So in spite of my being the shoulder person here I really can't advise you - speak with your surgeon or his staff about this again

dbarbeau48 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 6:48am
Hey Pebblicious,

Never had the surgery but do have a partially torn rotator in my right shoulder. All those years of pitching (baseballs not woo). Did have a few months of PT that did the trick as far as pain and range of motion. I can't throw a ball overhand without feeling pain but why would I throw a ball at my age. I toss it underhand to my dogs. Good luck on the surgery.

Dick
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 8:41am
You are right about the age thing Dick - I think I can get through the rest of my life without the full range of shoulder movement

Pebbzie - a lot of decisions need to be made with our age in mind - with or with out surgery - how much will you be able to manage - rotator cuff injuries rend to be painful but can be controlled with cortisone injections into the shoulder - it's something that needs a lot of thought - but if done by a good surgeon should work well
tkay View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 3:36pm
HI Pebbles. I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is uncomplicated.
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support
I Donated to CPS 2013/14/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 8:29pm
pebles i have never had shoulder surgery just pain from both shoulders. when shoulders are painful cutting food and preparing it is difficult. if i was you i'd have lots of food thats already prepared and ready to be heated. hopefully this will go well and you will be in good shape quickly.....pal pete
parkinsons disease.men1 genetic disorder. endocrine tumors in pituitary gland and pancreas. carpel tunnel syndrome. spinal stenosis.sleep apnea.vast knowledge of crutches and wheelchairs.borderline diabetic.gerd. both hips replaced. spinal stimulator. 7 spine surgeries/fusions. pain pump trial.Thrombocytopenia. no spleen.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 2:15pm
To answer your question Pebbz - things have changed since I had my shoulder surgery - now your arm will be out of commission for about 3 months depending on what the surgeon thinks himself -

Then you will have another 3 months getting back the movement you have lost without developing a frozen shoulder

I think you will have to organised help of some kind - I learned to do a lot of things one handed - but it was my left arm that was disabled -

If you are alone you will need some prepared meals - there are companies that prepared meals - I get some myself - just for the ease of having a cooked dinner - but I eat a lot of vegetables and chopping would be out of the question for a while

There's gadgets you can get to help

Also I have noticed in the supermarket that there are sealed packets of all sorts of food -

You won't be able to do housework - you will need someone to organise that for you - or rather - you will do the organising and someone else will do it

I don't remember it being that hard when I had my shoulder reconstruction - I was in hospital for 4 days and went home alone and cooked easy meals -

It depends a lot on what the surgeon says - and who you have around to help you out

I'm sorry that it won't be easy
Pebbles View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 6:30pm
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and good wishes.  I did buy frozen meals today and did some house cleaning.

My neighbor will be driving me to and from the out patient surgery center.  I do not have anyone to watch me for 12-24 hours as they recommend however.  I also have a strong german shepherd that I have to walk and I was told by another neighbor that had the same surgery done, that there would be no way I could walk my Nina.  I'm just going to have to grin and bare it because no one else around me can help and family is out of state.

Anyway, I'm just trying to stay calm about the procedure.  I had 2 fusion surgeries done, but the first one done in '08 caused me so much trauma that I have  PTSD and Anxiety now, so that's why I'm so worried.

However, as Stevie said, I don't believe this surgery will be nearly as bad as the 2 back fusions.  I think just more of an inconvenience, especially for a single person.

Thank you again everyone for your input and best wishes.  I will let you know how it turns out.  Surgery is at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Bye for now Thumbs Up
Here is My Chronic Pain Storyt?y: I had a Work Comp injury 1/2007. Conservative treatments, ESI, 4 rounds of PT, Massage, Traction, PLIF on L5/S1 in Jan, 2008. 4 more rounds of PT, but am considered "Stagnant in recovery". UPDATE 12/08: Based on recent CT Scan, I am considered official as a NON-FUSION at the L5/S1 Level from operation on 1/3/08. There is a broad based left lateral disk protusion at L4/L5 entering the left neural foramen as well as a broad based protusion at L5/S1 (which is the level the hardware is located). UPDATE: Discogram 1/13/09, results there will be a 2 Level Fusion (ALIF) to be performed in March/2009 with hardware removal from PLIF of 1/3/08. 2/09/08 Being sent to a Pain Rehabilitation center out of town. 7/16/09 had hardware removal posterior and ALIF with spacers brackets at L4/L5, L5/S1, still in recovery from 2nd surgery. I am social security disabled due to injury. 5/10/2010 MRI results - Disk bulges C3-C7, T3-4 & T10-11. 11/17/2010 MRI results - Mild diffuse enhancement at the L4-L5 vertebrral bodies. Conus medullaris terminates at the L1-L2 level, this is at the low end of normal. L2-L3 & L3-L4 moderate bilateral facet hypertophy is event. The neural foramina remain patent. UPDATE: 5/1/11 - diagnosed with Fibro, also pain mgmt Dr. wants to burn the Facet Joint nerves in my cervical and lumbar regions. UPDATE: 11/7/2013 Rotator Cuff surgery.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 6:37pm
Best of luck and hugs and all good wishes, Pebs.

There are dog walking services that you should look into.  My husband couldn't play golf for 6 months after his surgery, but was doing a lot in a months time, including walking the dog.  Just be really careful as you don't want to undo anything that is fixed. 

This surgery has good outcomes, and if you are really careful you are going to be fine.  But, please------call right now and get someone in to walk Nina.  That you cannot do.  Stevie xoxoxo

My journey with chronic pain began over 30 years ago, while as a young nurse working spinal rehab, I injured my back lifting a patient. I am now fused from L2-S1. I have multiple thoracic and cervical issues. I'm a retired RN/PA and I know and understand the frustrations on both ends of the treatment spectrum of dealing with CP. It's been my goal since 2008, when we started this site, to reach out and help as many people in pain as possible. We will continue the fight as long as we can. Please, if you can help us continue to help you and others, donate. Thank you.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 9:11pm
Wow Pebbzie - that surgery is coming up fast.

Your dog will need a walker - but please don't try that yourself - pulling on your good shoulder can cause a bit of anguish to the one who has had the surgery

All the best though - I will be thinking of you
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 4:17am
Good Luck Pebbles, your in my Prayers!

Unknown

1st injured Feb, 1997. Was told it was "Soft Tissue" and sent back to work - no X-rays
Late 1997 attended 1st Rehab Program to strengthen back. Mid 98 PCP took me off work. Tried going back to work over the next couple years, mostly off work due to pain.
June 2000, met with OS for first time. Did MRI , damage was L5-S1 totally blown out. Surgery done Jan, 2001.
Another Rehab program late 2001, attempted to go back to work early 2002. Slipped on water, fell flat on back screw fusion broke.
No improvement. Attended 4th Rehab program in 2004, at time It was decided NO work.
March 2006, had 3rd Surgery, this time fusion and instrumentation from Si to L3.
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 8:11am
Thinking of you Pebbles and wishing you complete success with this surgery.
DDD C3-C6 with multiple osteophytes causing both moderate foraminal and canal stenosis and flattening and impinging on the spinal cord
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 9:05am
good luck pebbles...if i could walk i'd be there in two seconds to take NINA for a walk....pal pete
parkinsons disease.men1 genetic disorder. endocrine tumors in pituitary gland and pancreas. carpel tunnel syndrome. spinal stenosis.sleep apnea.vast knowledge of crutches and wheelchairs.borderline diabetic.gerd. both hips replaced. spinal stimulator. 7 spine surgeries/fusions. pain pump trial.Thrombocytopenia. no spleen.
Nikoma View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 1:53pm
Hope you're doing well today!  Thinking of you!

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.” ― Doreen Valiente --- Diagnosis: Endometriosis. PCOS. Major Depression. Inflamatory Autoimmune Disorder. Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy. Fibromyalgia. Dystonia. Reverse Cervical Lordosis. C1 twisted 1.5° to the left. Moderate to Severe Arthritis in L2, L3, L4 & L5, as well as S1, S2 & S3. Muscle and Nerve damage in right leg, permanent left ankle injury.
Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 7:17am
Thinking of you PebbzieWarm-Fuzzy
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 8:22pm
Hope everything is going good for you Pebbles.
Post when you can.

Unknown

Rocky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2013 at 5:42pm

Pebbles  Rotator Cuff is nothing compaired to back problems much easier I have had both shoulders done in a 18 month period. You are Strong! and A Survivor.

2/13/08 two lvl fusion L-4 to S-1 w/Axilif and all the hardware to prove it.
Down and out 16 weeks.But with the help of my spiney friends I am moving on with life. Left and right rotator cuff 2012 torn meniscus 2013
Another tear same knee, Now torn meniscus both knees 11/2013
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 3:37pm
Pebbles has asked me to update you all on her surgery. She has an app for her phone so she can talk instead of type and we are Facebook buddies. She had the surgery, all went well, and she is home. She actually had her first PT session today. Please respond and give her some encouragement because she is reading the posts and when she is able, will start posting on her own. Until then, I will be Pebbles Jr..
Five knee surgeries from 1970 to 2000. Knee replacement in 2000.Spinal stenosis surgery in May of 2002. Diagnosed with Pseudogout in 2005, effecting hands, knees, and shoulders. Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007. Retired early as a high school principal. Recently, have had trigger finger surgery on both hands as well as surgery for severe bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel disease.
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 4:01pm
That is great news, Dick----thank you for posting:) 

Pebbles----keep up the good work, and get well quickly!!!  Try using your app here----I use dictation when I am in too much pain to type.

Who is walking Nina for you?  Healing hugs and again thank you to Pebbles, JrBig smile

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 4:52pm
Great news Pebbles!

Thanks for the update Dick. Wow, already had your first pt session, ouch? Who is walking Nina? I have 2 labs who have to be exercised daily, I get it, but you sure can't do it for awhile. This is when it's really too bad we're only able to help online. I know if we were all close that someone could help out and take her for a walk.
Glad you're home and doing well. Good luck and I'll be watching to see how you're doing. Take care Pebbles.
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
pete81241 View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete81241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 5:08pm
thats great news pebbles.Thumbs Up
Kris View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2014/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 7:27pm
Awesome news!  We're all pulling for you!Hug
Severe kyphoscoliosis, vertebrae fracture, spinal degeneration and reduced bone density throughout my body, doctor suspects fibromyalgia, unexplained spontaneous muscle strains/tear, poor alignment of my femur to tibia - 3 surgery attempts to fix - still frequent subluxation and periodic dislocation of knee along with cysts and an inoperable meniscus tear in that knee. Knee osteoarthritis - hip osteoarthritis suspected to be caused by my missing half of a vertebrae and other congenital abnormalities affecting my gait. (Other little misc. problems, but I think that hits the summary)
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 7:54pm
Thank goodness Pebbles that everything went well for you. I'm glad you are home and resting. Take all the time you need and we will see you when you start to feel better.

Hug     Flowers
Roni

Unknown

Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 8:22am
Good work Dick - thanks for being the messenger

That's great news Pebbz - I wish you all the best with the PT - and I am glad your surgery is behind you

Flowers
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbarbeau48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 12:12pm
Pebbles is doing better and better. Her service dog Nina was walked by Pebbles neighbor the first few days and now Pebbles is walking She is having some computer issues but when they get worked out she will post herself.
Pebbles Jr.
Pebbles View Drop Down
I Donated to CPS 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 3:49pm
Hi everyone, it's Pebbles! 

Happy belated Thanksgiving. 
\
Thank you everyone for yoour kind words and support while recoivering.  It's still veryt difficult to do things wth my right arm, thats why I haven't been in tough via this website.  I have been able to be on facebook because my cell phone has voice dictation,

Just like a "spiney", I have completely over doing it, to the point my arm is completely shattered in pain.  But I'm single and haven't have a lot of help.  2 neighbors helped the first few days and I appreciate that so much, but that has  dropped off now.

I have to keep it short for now, but I do see my surgeon tomorrow and hope my recovery is comingn along well.  I have had to walk my service dog, which I'm not supposed to do, but my one neighbor helped 3 times and gave her a good run around the hood LOL  Poor Nina is packing on the  pounds like me LOL

I want to thank Dick aka Pebbles Jr. for his updating you all as well.

Ok, just too meds and time to lay down.  I wil write more tomorrow after seeing the surgeon.

xoxo Pebbles
Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 4:33pm
HI Pebbles,

Thanks so much for the updateThumbs Up and I'll be looking to see what the surgeon has to say tomorrow, hopefully all good news.

I know how difficult it is to take care of a dog on your own, and you can only count on even good friends for so much. Please, please be careful though Pebbles. I can't imagine trying to walk either of mine with an injured shoulder. Oww.

Take care and I'll be watching to see how your appointment goes, good luck.

Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Stevie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 5:49pm
Hey Pebs!!!

Thank you for the update, it is wonderful to hear from you.

Will the dictation on your phone not work here on the site?  Mine does----I wish it would.

We will be looking to see how you do after you see the surgeon.  I hope it is all good news.   I am sure that walking Nina has to be terribly difficult.  But, she is an angel and am sure she knows not to pull.

Take good care and we will see you back here as soon as you can manage.  Warm-Fuzzy  Stevie

Merlin View Drop Down
Prior Member
Prior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2013 at 8:41am
Hi Pebbz - shoulders hurt during recovery - and the bad one doesn't like being alone - the good one has to join the pain party

In the units next to mine there is a young lab called Pickles - his dad told me that they call him Pickles because he gets into Pickles - and they both work and I can tell when he has got himself into trouble when he starts barking

His Mum and Dad are young - and I would love to take Pickles for the walk he really needs during the day - but my dd warned me that dogs pull on the shoulder - and so I have never offered

It would be good to walk a dog though - esp a good dog like Pickles
Charter - Member
Charter - Member
I Donated to CPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocken Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2013 at 2:55pm
Hi Pebbles,
How did your appointment go? I hope everything
turned out real well.

Roni

Unknown

Bailey View Drop Down
CPS Support
CPS Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2013 at 4:29pm
Me Too Tongue 
Cervical Facet arthritis
Chronic Pain Syndrome
 Post Reply Post Reply